- 1 How many districts are in Indonesia?
- 2 How many states are there in Indonesia?
- 3 What is the difference between district and regency?
- 4 How many provinces are there in Indonesia?
- 5 What is the richest city in Indonesia?
- 6 What is the main city in Indonesia?
- 7 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 8 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 9 What are the 5 largest provinces of Indonesia?
- 10 What is district name mean?
- 11 Who is bupati?
- 12 How many islands does Indonesia have?
- 13 What are the two most popular sports in Indonesia?
- 14 Is Java a province?
How many districts are in Indonesia?
The term distrik is used in Papua and West Papua. In Yogyakarta, the term kapanewon is used for districts within regency, while the term kemantren is used for districts within city. According to Statistics Indonesia, there are a total of 7,024 districts in Indonesia as of 2014.
How many states are there in Indonesia?
Indonesia is a presidential, constitutional republic with an elected legislature. It has 34 provinces, of which five have special status. The country’s capital, Jakarta, is the world’s second-most populous urban area.
What is the difference between district and regency?
As proper nouns the difference between district and regency is that district is (with determiner|informal) the district of columbia, the federal district of the united states while regency is (uk) the historical period in the united kingdom – specifically 1811-1820 – in which ruled as prince regent.
How many provinces are there in Indonesia?
Indonesia’s 34 provinces form the second level of administration. Each province is led by an elected governor.
What is the richest city in Indonesia?
Surabaya is one of the Indonesian cities with the highest property growth.
What is the main city in Indonesia?
Jakarta, formerly (until 1949) Batavia or (1949–72) Djakarta, largest city and capital of Indonesia. Jakarta lies on the northwest coast of Java at the mouth of the Ciliwung (Liwung River), on Jakarta Bay (an embayment of the Java Sea).
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
What are the 5 largest provinces of Indonesia?
Papua is the largest and easternmost province of Indonesia; the province occupies the western part of the island of New Guinea. Sumatra
- Central Kalimantan (Kalimantan Tengah) – Palangkaraya.
- South Kalimantan (Kalimantan Selatan) – Banjarmasin.
- East Kalimantan (Kalimantan Timur) – Samarinda.
What is district name mean?
district Add to list Share. Use the word district to talk about a specific part of your city or town. Your school district, for example, is an officially marked area that designates which school students can attend. When a government outlines a region of a state, city, or town, that area is called a district.
Who is bupati?
A regency is headed by a regent (bupati), and a city is headed by a mayor (wali kota). The regent or mayor and the representative council members are elected by popular vote for a term of 5 years.
How many islands does Indonesia have?
Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world. It consists of five major islands and about 30 smaller groups. There are total number of 17,508 islands of which about 6000 are inhabited.
What are the two most popular sports in Indonesia?
Some popular sports in Indonesia are (Soccer) football, volleyball, basketball, badminton, and the native Indonesian martial art pencak silat. Badminton is arguably Indonesia’s most successful sport.
Is Java a province?
Java is divided into four administrative provinces: Banten, West Java, Central Java, and East Java, and two special regions, Jakarta and Yogyakarta.