- 1 What are the 5 islands of Indonesia?
- 2 What 6 countries make up Indonesia?
- 3 Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
- 4 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 5 What is the smallest island country in the world?
- 6 Which country has most islands?
- 7 What country has the most beautiful islands?
- 8 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 9 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 10 What percent of Muslims live in Indonesia?
- 11 What was Indonesia called before?
- 12 What is the major religion in Indonesia?
- 13 Is Indonesia a safe country?
What are the 5 islands of Indonesia?
It comprises five main islands: Sumatra, Java, Borneo (known as Kalimantan in Indonesia), Sulawesi, and New Guinea; two major island groups (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands) and sixty smaller island groups.
What 6 countries make up Indonesia?
Consisting of the territory of the former Netherlands East Indies, Indonesia’s main island groups are the Greater Sunda Islands, which include Java, Sumatra, central and S Borneo (Kalimantan), and Sulawesi; the Lesser Sunda Islands, consisting of Bali, Flores, Sumba, Lombok, and the western part of Timor; the Moluccas
Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
Indonesia has so many islands it has never been able to fully count or name them. A 1996 law estimated the number of islands in the world’s biggest archipelago at 17,508. But no-one really knows exactly how many islands are even in that area.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
What is the smallest island country in the world?
It’s the world’s smallest island nation Measuring just eight square miles, Nauru is larger than just two other countries: the Vatican City and Monaco.
Which country has most islands?
Website worldatlas.com claims that out of all countries on the planet, Sweden has the most islands with 221,800, the majority of which are uninhabited.
What country has the most beautiful islands?
17 Most Beautiful Islands in the World
- Maldives. Maldives.
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Bora Bora, French Polynesia.
- Palawan, Philippines. Palawan, Philippines.
- Seychelles. Seychelles.
- Santorini, Greece. Santorini, Greece.
- The Cook Islands. The Cook Islands.
- Bali, Indonesia. Bali, Indonesia.
- The Dalmatian Islands, Croatia. Zlatni Rat.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
What percent of Muslims live in Indonesia?
Islam is the largest religion in Indonesia, with 86.7% of the Indonesian population identifying themselves as Muslim in a 2018 survey. Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world, with approximately 225 million Muslims.
What was Indonesia called before?
Indonesia was formerly known as the Dutch East Indies (or Netherlands East Indies).
What is the major religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.