- 1 Why does Indonesia have so many volcanoes?
- 2 What is the largest volcano in Indonesia?
- 3 What country has the most volcanoes on Earth?
- 4 What is the most dangerous volcano in Indonesia?
- 5 Which country has no volcano?
- 6 What volcano could destroy the world?
- 7 What is the biggest volcano ever?
- 8 What is the most dangerous volcano in the world?
- 9 Which country has lava?
- 10 What is currently the most active volcano in the world?
- 11 Where is the Ring of Fire?
- 12 Will Yellowstone erupt 2020?
- 13 What are the 3 most dangerous volcanoes?
- 14 Is Mt Fuji a supervolcano?
Why does Indonesia have so many volcanoes?
Indonesia is the country that contains the most active volcanoes of all countries in the world. The Eurasian Plate, Pacific Plate and Indo-Australian Plate are three active tectonic plates that cause the subduction zones that form these volcanoes.
What is the largest volcano in Indonesia?
Mount Tambora, also called Mount Tamboro, Indonesian Gunung Tambora, volcanic mountain on the northern coast of Sumbawa island, Indonesia, that in April 1815 exploded in the largest volcanic eruption in recorded history.
What country has the most volcanoes on Earth?
With more than 13,000 islands, Indonesia leads the world with the largest number of active volcanoes. The areas volcanoes have also produced the most fatalities.
What is the most dangerous volcano in Indonesia?
Mount Tambora, on Sumbawa island, erupted on 5 April 1815, with a scale 7 on the VEI and is considered the most violent eruption in recorded history.
Which country has no volcano?
On our planet, there are many countries that do not have Volcanoes in their country. such countries which do not have volcanoes are Nigeria, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Djibouti, Somalia, Morocco, Tunisia, Liberia, Norway, Denmark, Wales, Finland, Sweden, and Australia.
What volcano could destroy the world?
YELLOWSTONE “SUPERVOLCANO” (U.S.) Last erupted: 640,000 years agoEffects of a major eruption: When the Yellowstone Caldera, or “supervolcano,” in Yellowstone National erupts again, it will render a huge swath of North America, from Vancouver to Oklahoma City, uninhabitable.
What is the biggest volcano ever?
Mauna Loa –history, hazards and risk of living with the world’s largest volcano. Mauna Loa on the Island Hawaiʻi is the world’s largest volcano.
What is the most dangerous volcano in the world?
Which is the most dangerous volcano in the world? The quick answer: Vesuvius volcano in the Gulf of Naples, Italy.
Which country has lava?
Two hundreds years after Mount Tambora exploded in the biggest volcanic eruption ever recorded, Indonesia remains the country most at risk of another deadly volcanic eruption.
What is currently the most active volcano in the world?
Mt Etna: The most active volcano on Earth – BBC Travel.
Where is the Ring of Fire?
The Ring of Fire, also referred to as the Circum-Pacific Belt, is a path along the Pacific Ocean characterized by active volcanoes and frequent earthquakes. Its length is approximately 40,000 kilometers (24,900 miles).
Will Yellowstone erupt 2020?
Yellowstone is not overdue for an eruption. In terms of large explosions, Yellowstone has experienced three at 2.08, 1.3, and 0.631 million years ago. This comes out to an average of about 725,000 years between eruptions.
What are the 3 most dangerous volcanoes?
The World’s Most Dangerous Volcanoes
- Mount St. Helens, Washington.
- Mount Kilauea, Hawaii. The world’s most active volcanic mass, Kilauea is home to many frequent eruptions.
- Mayon Volcano, The Philippines.
- Redoubt Volcano, Alaska.
- Mount Pinatubo, The Philippines.
- Mount Agung, Bali.
- Mount Fuji, Japan.
- Popocatépetl, Mexico.
Is Mt Fuji a supervolcano?
Mount Fuji is an active stratovolcano that last erupted from 1707 to 1708. The mountain is located about 100 km (62 mi) southwest of Tokyo and is visible from there on clear days.