- 1 Does Indonesia have a departure tax?
- 2 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 3 How much rupiah can I take out of Indonesia?
- 4 How many cigars can you bring into Indonesia?
- 5 Is departure tax included in airfare?
- 6 Can you bring wine to Indonesia?
- 7 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 8 How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
- 9 What can’t you take into Indonesia?
- 10 Is Indonesia a cheap country?
- 11 What is the best currency to take to Indonesia?
- 12 Can I use my debit card in Indonesia?
- 13 Can I bring alcohol to Indonesia?
- 14 Can I bring plants into Indonesia?
- 15 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Does Indonesia have a departure tax?
As of 9 February 2015, all airlines departing from Indonesia are required to include the airport departure tax in the price of the ticket. This new regulation is valid for both domestic flights as well as international flights departing from Indonesia.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
How much rupiah can I take out of Indonesia?
Any person bringing cash into or taking cash out of the country in the amount of Rp. 100,000,000.00 (one hundred million rupiah) or more, or other currency in equivalent amount, must declare same to Customs. Indonesian law forbids visitors from bringing weapons, illegal drugs or pornography into the country.
How many cigars can you bring into Indonesia?
Import regulations: 1. tobacco products (no limitations for diplomats): 200 cigarettes or 25 cigars or 100 grams of tobacco; 2.
Is departure tax included in airfare?
Departure taxes are included in most air ticket prices, depending on which airline. Paid in cash upon departure. Departure taxes are included in most air ticket prices, depending on which airline.
Can you bring wine to Indonesia?
You can bring in one litre per adult duty free. Any amount over that is subject to tax. With wine most often sold in 750 ML bottles, this can be difficult to negotiate with customs if bringing in more than one bottle.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
You would probably want to set aside 3-5 USD per day for these. For backpacking budget and low-cost travel in Indonesia, you can go by as low as 25 USD per day and if you splurge some for tours and luxuries, if may go up to around 35 USD a day. Therefore, the daily travel budget in Indonesia is 25-35 USD per day.
What can’t you take into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
Is Indonesia a cheap country?
In general, outside of the popular tourist destinations, Indonesia is a very inexpensive country, and budget deals can be had in these places as well with a little searching.
What is the best currency to take to Indonesia?
You can exchange foreign currency in Indonesia at a bank, exchange office bureau, or local money changers. The best currency to take to Indonesia is either Euro or US dollars if you want to change money. Stick to reputable exchange offices or go to a bank in order to avoid getting scammed.
Can I use my debit card in Indonesia?
Will my credit or debit card work in Indonesia? Visa and Mastercard are most widely accepted in Indonesia, but credit and debit cards are mainly only used in bigger cities and tourist hotspots like Jakarta and Bali. Many places will only accept cash, so it’s a good idea to always have some on hand.
Can I bring alcohol to Indonesia?
The following goods may be imported into Indonesia by travellers over 18 years of age without incurring customs duty: 200 cigarettes or 25 cigars or 100g of tobacco. 1L of alcoholic beverages. Gifts up to a value of US$250 per person or US$1,000 per family.
Can I bring plants into Indonesia?
o Imports of medical equipment require the consignee to obtain a permit from the health department. o Imports of plants and plant products require a quarantine permit from the Ministry of Agriculture and the shipper must provide a phytosanitary cert.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.