- 1 Is Indonesia part of Asia or Europe?
- 2 In which continent is Indonesia now?
- 3 How many continents are there in Indonesia?
- 4 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 5 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 6 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 7 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 8 Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
- 9 Why is it called Indonesia?
- 10 Was Thailand a part of India?
- 11 Why is Indonesia so populated?
- 12 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 13 Where is Asia located?
- 14 Why Indonesia is the best country?
Is Indonesia part of Asia or Europe?
Although Indonesia is considered to be mainly situated within the continent of Asia, some of its territories are located within the continent of Oceania, making it a transcontinental country. Indonesia’s largest Islands are Borneo, Java, Sumatra, and Sulawesi.
In which continent is Indonesia now?
The Republic of Indonesia (RI), or familiarly known as Indonesia, is a country in Southeast Asia that is located on the equator and situated between the Asian and Australian continents and between the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
How many continents are there in Indonesia?
There are total number of 17,508 islands of which about 6000 are inhabited. Straddling equator, the archipelago is on a crossroads between two oceans, the Pacific and the Indian Ocean, and bridges two continents, Asia and Australia. Indonesia has many high mountains, the highest of which are over 4000 metres.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
The most Indonesian celebrity of all, at around one million years old, is Pithecanthropus, also known as Java Man.
Why is it called Indonesia?
Although Indonesia did not become the country’s official name until the time of independence, the name was used as early as 1884 by a German geographer; it is thought to derive from the Greek indos, meaning “India,” and nesos, meaning “island.” After a period of occupation by the Japanese (1942–45) during World War II,
Was Thailand a part of India?
Thailand never be part of india. It’s just southern part of thailand. Kingdom which conquest by chola dynastry was srivijaya Empire in the 11th century.
Why is Indonesia so populated?
The population of Indonesia has long been known to be in the 4th position of the world and the third in Asia. This population density occurs due to high birth rates and the lack of family planning programs, the number of Indonesian population ranks fourth in the world reached 238 million people.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Where is Asia located?
Asia is a continent in the eastern and northern hemispheres. It is located east of Europe, north of the Indian Ocean, and it is bordered on the east by the Pacific Ocean and on the north by the Arctic Ocean.
Why Indonesia is the best country?
1. Mesmerizing islands and beaches. That makes Indonesia is a dream destination for island hopping where you can enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of pristine beaches. This country is also a favorite place for diving as there are so many diving sites across Indonesia with astonishing underwater scenery.