- 1 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 2 Is Indonesia dangerous for tourists?
- 3 Why is Indonesia the best to visit?
- 4 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 5 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 6 Is Indonesia a Islamic country?
- 7 What places to avoid in Bali?
- 8 Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
- 9 Is Bali safe at night?
- 10 Is Bali expensive to visit?
- 11 What is famous food in Indonesia?
- 12 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 13 Can I marry Indonesian girl?
- 14 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 15 What is considered rude in Bali?
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Is Indonesia dangerous for tourists?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Why is Indonesia the best to visit?
You will find that a lot of tourists love coming to Indonesia because of how beautiful and diverse this country is. Known to many as Wonderful Indonesia, it brings you the second largest tropical forests, many pristine beaches with great dive sites and surfing waves, amazing hikes to active volcanoes and wildlife.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
Is Indonesia a Islamic country?
Indonesia is a secular democratic country that has a Muslim-majority population. Although Indonesia is not an Islamic state, Islamic principles do influence political decision making.
What places to avoid in Bali?
Here is how to make sure you find the perfect Bali for you and avoid all the wrong areas.
- Areas near the Airport. Anything near the airport may look great, but it’s not the real Bali.
- Money Changer in Airport.
- Money Changer is Narrow Alley.
- Tanah Lot.
- Streets at Nights.
Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
Is Indonesia an expensive country to travel around? No. For more comfortable budget travelling it is probably best to plan about $20 a day. For luxury items prices go up very rapidly meaning they are comparatively more expensive than in western countries.
Is Bali safe at night?
Yes, Bali is safe at night. In fact, you’ll hardly have any problems with locals. The thing that you should be watching out for at night is drunk tourists riding on their motorbike and putting themselves and you in danger.
Is Bali expensive to visit?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you donâ€™t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
What is famous food in Indonesia?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Can I marry Indonesian girl?
There is no restriction to marry the girl in Indonesia but you may approach the Indian embassy at Indonesia for getting married to her under the provisions of special marriage act and get married there by completing the requisite formalities as is required by Indian laws.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Indonesian people embarrass easily, and it’s considered very rude to deliberately embarrass someone. This might include raising your voice, or making accusations. Problems should be solved in private, not on the streets, and ego-based or emotional outbursts are inappropriate.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.