- 1 What country is IDR?
- 2 What can $1 buy you in Indonesia?
- 3 What is the strongest currency in the world?
- 4 Is Indonesia cheap to travel?
- 5 Is Indonesia cheaper than India?
- 6 Why is IDR so weak?
- 7 Why is Indonesian currency so high?
- 8 Is $100 a lot in Bali?
- 9 Is $5 a lot in Indonesia?
- 10 What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
- 11 How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
- 12 Is Bali cheap or expensive?
- 13 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
What country is IDR?
In big cities such as Jakarta and Surabaya, a person would need $3 to afford decent meals a day. So, $100 would be sufficient for him to live a month (only for food). However, in the other parts of indonesia where cost living is considerably lower than those two cities, $100 would be enough to live for 1.5–2 months.
What can $1 buy you in Indonesia?
Indonesia: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- 1 load of laundry (about 3.5 kg)
- 1 creamy avocado shake.
- 2 km taxi ride.
- 4 liters (1 gal.) of drinking water.
- 1 pre-cut pineapple on touristy Seminyak beach, Bali.
- 1 hour of Internet access.
- 1 vegetarian meal in a typical warung.
- 2 liters of gasoline.
What is the strongest currency in the world?
Kuwaiti dinar Known as the strongest currency in the world, the Kuwaiti dinar or KWD was introduced in 1960 and was initially equivalent to one pound sterling.
Is Indonesia cheap to travel?
In general, outside of the popular tourist destinations, Indonesia is a very inexpensive country, and budget deals can be had in these places as well with a little searching.
Is Indonesia cheaper than India?
India is 28.2% cheaper than Indonesia.
Why is IDR so weak?
The Indonesian rupiah is the worst-performing Asian currency so far this year — and that weakness stems from the government’s decision to have the central bank partly fund its expanding budget deficit.
Why is Indonesian currency so high?
Inflation rates will also increase as domestic production in Indonesia becomes more expensive because of the higher prices of imported materials. Consequently, Indonesia can expect Bank Indonesia to further increase interest rates to both control inflation and stimulate a higher demand for the rupiah.
Is $100 a lot in Bali?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: 10 -15 days’ worth of three square meals from a cheap Indonesian warung, eating nasi campur (mixed rice); 5-8 days’ worth eating at Westernized or mid-range restaurants. About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali.
Is $5 a lot in Indonesia?
Indonesia, S$5 = 48,400 Indonesian Rupiahs Your S$5 can get you a lot in Indonesia.
What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
Some of the best money transfer services to send money from the USA to Indonesia
- Best Exchange Rates: Wise.
- Sending Money to Family and Friends: Remitly.
- Sending Cash: WorldRemit.
- Fee Free: XE Money Transfers.
- Best Big Brand: Xoom, powered by PayPal. Wise (formerly known as TransferWise)
How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
Is Bali cheap or expensive?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you donâ€™t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.