- 1 How can I marry an Indonesian girl?
- 2 What do I need to get married in Indonesia?
- 3 Is getting married in Indonesia Legal?
- 4 Can you have 2 wives in Indonesia?
- 5 How can I marry a foreigner?
- 6 How can I get citizenship in Indonesia by marriage?
- 7 How many wives can you have in Indonesia?
- 8 What age can you get married in Indonesia?
- 9 Can I legally get married in Bali?
- 10 What are the rules of marriages?
- 11 Can I marry a married woman in India?
- 12 Who can marry under Hindu Marriage?
- 13 Which countries allow multiple wives?
- 14 Which country has highest polygamy?
- 15 Which country has most polygamy?
How can I marry an Indonesian girl?
There is no restriction to marry the girl in Indonesia but you may approach the Indian embassy at Indonesia for getting married to her under the provisions of special marriage act and get married there by completing the requisite formalities as is required by Indian laws.
What do I need to get married in Indonesia?
The following documents must be completed:
- Copy of passport (both partners)
- Copy of birth certificate (both partners)
- Copy of proof of legal termination of any and all previous marriage, i.e., Absolute Divorce Decree (If applicable) or Death Certificate;
- Copy of passports of two witnesses;
Is getting married in Indonesia Legal?
Civil ceremonies and religious weddings are both recognised as legally valid in India. Civil ceremonies are performed at the marriage registrar’s office. However, for Hindus, Jains, Sikhs and Buddhists, couples must also obtain a marriage certificate through the local marriage registrar.
Can you have 2 wives in Indonesia?
Polygamy is legal in Indonesia, the largest Muslim population in the world. Polygamy in Indonesia is not just practiced by Muslims, but also customarily done by non-Muslim minorities, such as the Balinese and the Papuans. A Muslim man may take up to four wives.
How can I marry a foreigner?
Additional Or Alternative Documents Required Only From Foreigners:
- Proof of residency and address in India.
- A valid passport.
- Original birth certificate.
- Certificate of single status.
- Letters of no objection through the home country’s embassy regarding the free consent of the parties.
How can I get citizenship in Indonesia by marriage?
Foreigners who are legally married to Indonesian citizens and have lived in the territory of the Republic of Indonesia for at least 5 consecutive years or 10 consecutive years, can also obtain Indonesian Citizenship by submitting a statement to become citizens before the authorized official.
How many wives can you have in Indonesia?
Indonesian law defines marriage as between a man and a woman, but a man may marry up to four women under certain circumstances. For example, religious courts grant permission for multiple wives if a man is married to a woman who is disabled, suffers from an incurable disease, or can not have children.
What age can you get married in Indonesia?
One in nine Indonesian women is married before turning 18. The country’s lawmakers want that to change. Two years ago they raised the legal age of marriage for women from 16 to 19, to match that for men. At the start of 2020 the government restated its ambition to cut the rate of child marriage by 40% within a decade.
Can I legally get married in Bali?
To get legally married in Bali you are required to have both a religious and legal ceremony (excepting Muslim couples). The religious ceremony and the legal ceremony must be held at the same location on the same day. And that ceremony is already considered as legal marriage in Bali or Indonesia.
What are the rules of marriages?
No society gives absolute freedom to its members to select their partners. Endogamy and exogamy are the two main rules that condition marital choice.
Can I marry a married woman in India?
Though The marriage registration is mandatory. But practically it is not necessary to proof she is married and if a married person marry again with any other then the second marriage is void. So I suggest you that firstly the lady take divorce from her present husband then you may marry her.
Who can marry under Hindu Marriage?
As per Section 2 of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, marriage amongst Hindus in any form irrespective of caste or creed or amongst any person who is bound under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 like Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains and so called Hindus is a Hindu Marriage.
Which countries allow multiple wives?
Countries that recognize polygamous marriages
- Central African Republic.
- Republic of the Congo.
- Gabon: Both men and women can join in polygamous marriage with the other gender under Gabonese law. In practice, the right to multiple spouses is reserved for men only.
Which country has highest polygamy?
Polygamy is most often found in sub-Saharan Africa, where 11% of the population lives in arrangements that include more than one spouse. Polygamy is widespread in a cluster of countries in West and Central Africa, including Burkina Faso, (36%), Mali (34%) and Nigeria (28%).
Which country has most polygamy?
The share of individuals living in polygamous households is highest in Burkina Faso (36 percent), Mali (34 percent) and Gambia (30 percent). It tends to vary based on religious affiliation, however. For example, eight percent of Christians in Nigeria live in a polygamous household compared with 40 percent of Muslims.