- 1 What country does Indonesia belong to?
- 2 Is Indonesia a dangerous country?
- 3 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 4 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 5 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 6 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 7 Is Indonesia safe for female?
- 8 Why Indonesia is dangerous?
- 9 Is Indonesia a good place to live?
- 10 Who is the poorest country in Asia?
- 11 Is Philippines richer than India?
What country does Indonesia belong to?
Land. Indonesia is the largest country in Southeast Asia, with a maximum dimension from east to west of about 3,200 miles (5,100 km) and an extent from north to south of 1,100 miles (1,800 km). It shares a border with Malaysia in the northern part of Borneo and with Papua New Guinea in the centre of New Guinea.
Is Indonesia a dangerous country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Is Indonesia safe for female?
A study by Singapore-based research company ValueChampion has found that Indonesia is the second-most dangerous country for women in the Asia Pacific region. Out of 14 countries, India, Indonesia and the Philippines are considered to be the least safe for women. Sexual violence is rampant in Indonesia.
Why Indonesia is dangerous?
There are violent protests, religious extremists, terrorist attacks and natural disasters such devastating earthquakes and tsunamis. Then there is the threat of volcanic eruption, some harsh laws to keep in mind, poor air quality and occasional sinking ships! So yes Indonesia can be bloody dangerous.
Is Indonesia a good place to live?
It is a beautiful country with a lot of wonderful people (some less wonderful, like anywhere else). Living in Indonesia is pretty easy and inexpensive, if you are not too attached to some food and habits from your home country.
Who is the poorest country in Asia?
Poorest Asian Countries 2021
- North Korea. Based on available data, North Korea is the poorest country in Asia, with a per capita GDP of just $651.
- Nepal. Nepal is the second-poorest country in Asia.
Is Philippines richer than India?
Philippines has a GDP per capita of $8,400 as of 2017, while in India, the GDP per capita is $7,200 as of 2017.