- 1 Is unity possible in Indonesia?
- 2 What is Indonesian unity?
- 3 Why does Indonesia have different cultures?
- 4 What makes Indonesia unique?
- 5 What is the largest ethnic group in Indonesia?
- 6 What is Indonesia known for?
- 7 What is the motto of Indonesia?
- 8 What is the main staple food in Indonesia?
- 9 How diverse is the culture of Indonesia?
- 10 What are 3 traditional foods of Indonesia?
- 11 What is the significance of wayang kulit to the culture of Indonesia?
- 12 What is the traditional clothing of Indonesia?
- 13 What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
- 14 What are 10 interesting facts about Indonesia?
- 15 What are characteristics of Indonesia?
Is unity possible in Indonesia?
Indonesia’s national motto Bhinekka Tunggal Ika (Unity in Diversity) refers to the variety in the country’s internal composition but also indicates that – despite all differences in its multicultural society – there is a true sense of unity (Indonesianness) among the people of Indonesia.
What is Indonesian unity?
Indonesia’s motto “Unity in Diversity'” signifies the country’s myriad of cultures and ethnicities with all its people living together largely in peace. As one of the most ethnically diverse societies, Indonesia consists of 1,300 ethnic groups with at least 95 percent native to the archipelago.
Why does Indonesia have different cultures?
The culture of Indonesia has been shaped by long interaction between original indigenous customs and multiple foreign influences. Despite the influences of foreign culture, some remote Indonesian regions still preserve uniquely indigenous culture.
What makes Indonesia unique?
Indonesia is located in the ‘Pacific rim of fire’, one of the most active volcanic areas on the planet, and volcanoes in Indonesia are among the most active in the area. In terms of quantity, Indonesia alone has around 13% of the world’s volcanoes!
What is the largest ethnic group in Indonesia?
The Javanese constitute Indonesia’s largest ethnic group, accounting for roughly one-third of the total population. Most Javanese live in the densely settled, irrigated agricultural regions of central and eastern Java—the most populous parts of the country.
What is Indonesia known for?
Nowadays, Indonesia is famous for its diverse and multicultural islands, from deeply religious Aceh in the north; to the country’s center of government in Java; to the tropical paradise of Bali; and all the way down to the province of Papua on the border with independent Papua New Guinea.
What is the motto of Indonesia?
` UNITY IN DIVERSITY ‘, INDONESIA’S MOTTO, SUMS UP `OUR COMMON HUMANITY’, SAYS SECRETARY-GENERAL IN JAKARTA ADDRESS.
What is the main staple food in Indonesia?
Rice (nasi) is central to the lives of Indonesians . It is considered as the most popular staple food for the majority of the population although in some regions, there are variations, for example, sago palm in Maluku islands and corn in Madura island and some eastern islands .
How diverse is the culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia’s diversity extends to the variety of belief systems as well. Many communities still live traditionally and still uphold the religions and practices of their ancestors, often unique to the locality. But to categorize, many belief systems draw from animism, dynamism, and totemism.
What are 3 traditional foods of Indonesia?
Top 10 Indonesian Food that You Just Have to Try!
- Indonesian Satay. Satay is meat skewers that are cooked over coals.
- Fried Rice. I think this dish doesn’t need any further introduction.
- Beef Rendang. This dish originated from Padang, Sumatra.
- Nasi Rawon.
- Sop Buntut (Oxtail Soup)
- Nasi Uduk.
What is the significance of wayang kulit to the culture of Indonesia?
The shadow puppet plays, known as wayang kulit are popular not only in Bali but throughout Indonesia. Far more than mere entertainment, the wayang kulit is an extremely important vehicle of culture, serving as carrier of myth, morality play, and form of religious experience rolled into one.
What is the traditional clothing of Indonesia?
The kebaya is the national costume of women from Indonesia, although it is more accurately endemic to the Javanese, Sundanese and Balinese peoples. It is sometimes made from sheer material such as silk, thin cotton or semi-transparent nylon or polyester, adorned with brocade or floral pattern embroidery.
What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
Five Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia has a lot of people! It’s an understatement to say Indonesia has a lot of people.
- Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world.
- There are 100 active volcanoes in Indonesia.
- Indonesians love social media!
- Indonesia has over 600 ethnic groups.
What are 10 interesting facts about Indonesia?
20 Unusual, Interesting and Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia is home to over 100 endangered animals.
- Indonesia has the world’s biggest ‘young’ population.
- The world’s biggest flower lives in Indonesia.
- Home to over 700 different languages and dialects.
- Indonesia is the hottest spot on the Pacific Ring of Fire.
What are characteristics of Indonesia?
Indonesians have been described as resilient, resourceful, tenacious and courageous, putting up with life’s difficulties with wry good humor. The Indonesian character can loosely be generalized as a mix of Muslim, Southeast Asian and it own indigenous elements.