- 1 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 2 Is Indonesia Dangerous?
- 3 Can I marry Indonesian girl?
- 4 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 5 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 6 Is Indonesia a clean country?
- 7 How expensive is Indonesia?
- 8 How many wives can you have in Indonesia?
- 9 What age can you get married in Indonesia?
- 10 Can you hold hands in Indonesia?
- 11 Why do Indonesian eat with hands?
- 12 What is considered rude in Bali?
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Is Indonesia Dangerous?
There are violent protests, religious extremists, terrorist attacks and natural disasters such devastating earthquakes and tsunamis. Then there is the threat of volcanic eruption, some harsh laws to keep in mind, poor air quality and occasional sinking ships! So yes Indonesia can be bloody dangerous.
Can I marry Indonesian girl?
There is no restriction to marry the girl in Indonesia but you may approach the Indian embassy at Indonesia for getting married to her under the provisions of special marriage act and get married there by completing the requisite formalities as is required by Indian laws.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Indonesian people embarrass easily, and it’s considered very rude to deliberately embarrass someone. This might include raising your voice, or making accusations. Problems should be solved in private, not on the streets, and ego-based or emotional outbursts are inappropriate.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Is Indonesia a clean country?
According to water development experts, Indonesia has the worst drinking water in Southeast Asia and there are wide gaps between the urban/rural water access and water quality. Indonesia is the world’s fourth most populated country. It is a diverse country that stretches over 17,504 islands.
How expensive is Indonesia?
A vacation to Indonesia for one week usually costs around Rp5,156,488 for one person. So, a trip to Indonesia for two people costs around Rp10,312,976 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs Rp20,625,952 in Indonesia.
How many wives can you have in Indonesia?
Indonesian law defines marriage as between a man and a woman, but a man may marry up to four women under certain circumstances. For example, religious courts grant permission for multiple wives if a man is married to a woman who is disabled, suffers from an incurable disease, or can not have children.
What age can you get married in Indonesia?
One in nine Indonesian women is married before turning 18. The country’s lawmakers want that to change. Two years ago they raised the legal age of marriage for women from 16 to 19, to match that for men. At the start of 2020 the government restated its ambition to cut the rate of child marriage by 40% within a decade.
Can you hold hands in Indonesia?
Holding Hands In most areas of the country it is considered improper for a girl and boy to hold hands or put their arms around each other in public. It is not appropriate for an adult man to touch an adult woman beyond a handshake in a social setting, unless they are related.
Why do Indonesian eat with hands?
First of all, mostly Indonesians use right hand (“muluk”) to eat food. They do that because they believe that food taste better eating with hands as well after eating usually they lick the fingers to show satisfaction of food taste.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.