- 1 What should I pack for Indonesia?
- 2 What can you not bring into Indonesia?
- 3 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
- 4 What do I need to know before traveling to Indonesia?
- 5 Is it OK to wear shorts in Indonesia?
- 6 How much money should I bring to Bali?
- 7 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 8 What are the do’s and don’ts in Indonesia?
- 9 How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
- 10 How can I be polite in Indonesia?
- 11 What do girls wear in Indonesia?
- 12 How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
- 13 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 14 What to know before going to Jakarta?
- 15 What is the best month to go to Bali?
What should I pack for Indonesia?
Packing List: Indonesia
- Comfortable shoes. You’ll see any number of landscapes in Indonesia; from jungles and rainforests to mountains and volcanoes.
- Bathing suit.
- Rolling backpack.
- Bug spray.
- Rain jacket.
- Sunscreen & aloe.
- Hat & sunglasses.
- Electronics adapter.
What can you not bring into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun.
What do I need to know before traveling to Indonesia?
What to Know Before Visiting Indonesia
- Don’t Drink the Tap Water.
- Respect, Respect, Respect!
- Ask Permission Before Eating.
- Don’t Step on That!
- Indonesian People will be Fashionably Late.
- Money, Please.
- Get Used to Being Stared At.
- There Will be Lots and Lots of Spicy Food.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Indonesia?
Indonesians dress modestly. Although you may see men wearing shorts, outside of the big cities the norm is to wear a shirt and pants or jeans. For women that implies no sleeveless tops, cleavage or shorts. Men can wear jeans and short sleeved shirts.
How much money should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Indonesian people embarrass easily, and it’s considered very rude to deliberately embarrass someone. This might include raising your voice, or making accusations. Problems should be solved in private, not on the streets, and ego-based or emotional outbursts are inappropriate.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Indonesia?
You should always dress respectfully when visiting temples, mosques or royal palaces. This means covering your knees and shoulders and wearing clothes that are not too tight. Some temples will provide you with a sarong and sash to wear – do use them, as this is a sign of respect, and applies to both men and women.
How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
You would probably want to set aside 3-5 USD per day for these. For backpacking budget and low-cost travel in Indonesia, you can go by as low as 25 USD per day and if you splurge some for tours and luxuries, if may go up to around 35 USD a day. Therefore, the daily travel budget in Indonesia is 25-35 USD per day.
How can I be polite in Indonesia?
To avoid confusion, ask a person how they want to be addressed. When addressing people for the first time, be polite, respectful, always use the formal terms, i.e. bapak for a man, ibu for a woman before their proper names. When meeting, Indonesians touch their heart in greeting, often after the handshake.
What do girls wear in Indonesia?
Women generally wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Indonesian clothing is light in weight because of the hot and humid climate. Young people wear casual clothes like jeans and T-shirts.
How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
Meeting and Greeting Shake hands and give a slight nod when meeting for the first time. After the first meeting, a handshake is not necessary; a slight bow or nod of the head is sufficient. Shake an Indonesian woman’s hand only if she initiates the greeting. Greet people with “Selamat” (sell-a-mat), which means peace.
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali.
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag.
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest.
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps.
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day.
- 5 – Staying in Kuta.
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.
What to know before going to Jakarta?
8 things to know before traveling to Jakarta:
- This city is massive:
- Indonesia was a Dutch colony:
- The traffic in Jakarta is really, really bad:
- Cheap petrol:
- Mall culture:
- Wealth gap:
- Modest attire:
- Jalan Jaksa is not what you think:
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.