- 1 Is Indonesia an African country?
- 2 What 6 countries make up Indonesia?
- 3 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 4 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 5 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 6 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 7 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 8 Who is the poorest country in Asia?
- 9 Is Philippines richer than India?
- 10 What is the nickname of Indonesia?
- 11 Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
- 12 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Is Indonesia an African country?
Geographically. Geographically speaking, Indonesia should be considered part of Asia. It is almost exclusively considered a Southeast Asian country. The fact that Indonesia does have two provinces on the Island of New Guinea (Papua and West Papua) does complicate the whole continent issue slightly.
What 6 countries make up Indonesia?
Consisting of the territory of the former Netherlands East Indies, Indonesia’s main island groups are the Greater Sunda Islands, which include Java, Sumatra, central and S Borneo (Kalimantan), and Sulawesi; the Lesser Sunda Islands, consisting of Bali, Flores, Sumba, Lombok, and the western part of Timor; the Moluccas
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Who is the poorest country in Asia?
Poorest Asian Countries 2021
- North Korea. Based on available data, North Korea is the poorest country in Asia, with a per capita GDP of just $651.
- Nepal. Nepal is the second-poorest country in Asia.
Is Philippines richer than India?
Philippines has a GDP per capita of $8,400 as of 2017, while in India, the GDP per capita is $7,200 as of 2017.
What is the nickname of Indonesia?
That is why Indonesia is called as the emerald of the equator.
Who is the most famous person in Indonesia?
The most Indonesian celebrity of all, at around one million years old, is Pithecanthropus, also known as Java Man.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.