- 1 Is Indonesia part of Asia or Australia?
- 2 Is Indonesia a part of Asia?
- 3 Is Indonesia in Europe or Asia?
- 4 How many continents are there in Indonesia?
- 5 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 6 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 7 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 8 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 9 Why is it called Indonesia?
- 10 How many countries are in the world?
- 11 What countries are in Australasia?
- 12 Why Indonesia is the best country?
- 13 Why is Indonesia population so high?
Is Indonesia part of Asia or Australia?
Indonesia is the largest country in Southeast Asia, with a maximum dimension from east to west of about 3,200 miles (5,100 km) and an extent from north to south of 1,100 miles (1,800 km). It shares a border with Malaysia in the northern part of Borneo and with Papua New Guinea in the centre of New Guinea.
Is Indonesia a part of Asia?
Southeast Asia is composed of eleven countries of impressive diversity in religion, culture and history: Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Is Indonesia in Europe or Asia?
The Republic of Indonesia (RI), or familiarly known as Indonesia, is a country in Southeast Asia that is located on the equator and situated between the Asian and Australian continents and between the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
How many continents are there in Indonesia?
There are total number of 17,508 islands of which about 6000 are inhabited. Straddling equator, the archipelago is on a crossroads between two oceans, the Pacific and the Indian Ocean, and bridges two continents, Asia and Australia. Indonesia has many high mountains, the highest of which are over 4000 metres.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Why is it called Indonesia?
The name Indonesia has its roots in two Greek words: “Indos” meaning Indian and “Nesos” which means islands.
How many countries are in the world?
There are 195 countries in the world today. This total comprises 193 countries that are member states of the United Nations and 2 countries that are non-member observer states: the Holy See and the State of Palestine.
What countries are in Australasia?
Australasia is a region which comprises Australia, New Zealand, and some neighbouring islands. The term is used in a number of different contexts including geopolitically, physiogeographically, and ecologically where the term covers several slightly different but related regions.
Why Indonesia is the best country?
1. Mesmerizing islands and beaches. That makes Indonesia is a dream destination for island hopping where you can enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of pristine beaches. This country is also a favorite place for diving as there are so many diving sites across Indonesia with astonishing underwater scenery.
Why is Indonesia population so high?
The population of Indonesia has long been known to be in the 4th position of the world and the third in Asia. This population density occurs due to high birth rates and the lack of family planning programs, the number of Indonesian population ranks fourth in the world reached 238 million people.