- 1 What is so special about Indonesia?
- 2 What is Indonesia known for producing?
- 3 What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
- 4 What is the main of Indonesia?
- 5 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 6 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 7 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 8 What is the best thing to buy in Indonesia?
- 9 Who is the God of Indonesia?
- 10 Why is Indonesia so popular?
- 11 Why is Indonesia so amazing?
- 12 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 13 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
What is so special about Indonesia?
Indonesia is located in what is called “the Pacific rim of fire” which is one of the most active volcanic areas in the world. The country alone has 150 volcanoes. It also boasts some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world with one of the best being seen from Mount Penanjakan overlooking the famous Mt Bromo Volcano.
What is Indonesia known for producing?
The country is a major exporter of crude petroleum and natural gas. In addition, Indonesia is one of the world’s main suppliers of rubber, coffee, cocoa, and palm oil; it also produces a wide range of other commodities, such as sugar, tea, tobacco, copra, and spices (e.g., cloves).
What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
Five Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia has a lot of people! It’s an understatement to say Indonesia has a lot of people.
- Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world.
- There are 100 active volcanoes in Indonesia.
- Indonesians love social media!
- Indonesia has over 600 ethnic groups.
What is the main of Indonesia?
It comprises five main islands: Sumatra, Java, Borneo (known as Kalimantan in Indonesia), Sulawesi, and New Guinea; two major island groups (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands) and sixty smaller island groups.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What is the best thing to buy in Indonesia?
Then continue reading below, because here’s a list of the top 10 things to buy in Indonesia!
- Celuk jewelry – One of my favorite Indonesia souvenirs!
- Congklak (dakon board game)
- Batik Paintings.
- Stone & wood carvings.
- Caping Gunung – Traditional Hat.
- Kopi Luwak Coffee – Do not buy this product!
Who is the God of Indonesia?
Sunda. According to Sunda Wiwitan beliefs of the Sundanese, a supreme god named Sang Hyang Kersa created the universe and also other gods such as Mother Goddess Batari Sunan Ambu and Batara Guru (identified as Shiva after the adoption of Hinduism).
Why is Indonesia so popular?
Although their food is delicious and their traditions are pretty interesting, the main reason why Indonesia is famous is its places. More than 20 million people visit Indonesia per year, and its basically because they want to see their famous beaches, (active) volcanoes and fantastic landscapes.
Why is Indonesia so amazing?
You will find that a lot of tourists love coming to Indonesia because of how beautiful and diverse this country is. Known to many as Wonderful Indonesia, it brings you the second largest tropical forests, many pristine beaches with great dive sites and surfing waves, amazing hikes to active volcanoes and wildlife.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.