- 1 What is living in Indonesia like?
- 2 Is Indonesia dangerous for tourists?
- 3 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 4 What is Indonesia known for?
- 5 Is Indonesia cheap to live?
- 6 Is Indonesia a good place to live?
- 7 Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
- 8 What places to avoid in Bali?
- 9 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 10 Can I marry Indonesian girl?
- 11 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 12 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 13 What food is Indonesia famous for?
- 14 What is the nickname of Indonesia?
- 15 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
What is living in Indonesia like?
As individuals and families, Indonesians tend to be polite, respectful, helpful, humble, generous and inclusive. Don’t ever be upset by the Indonesian propensity to laugh when facing awkward situations. Alcohol is not widely consumed, so you’re unlikely to encounter many belligerent local drunkards.
Is Indonesia dangerous for tourists?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What is Indonesia known for?
20 Things Indonesia is famous for
- 1) Bali.
- ️ 2) Raja Ampat.
- 3) Borobudur and Prambanan temples.
- 4) Komodo dragon island.
- 5) See orangutans in the wild.
- 6) Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice)
- ️ 7) Rica-rica.
- ♀️ 8) Indonesian locals are very friendly.
Is Indonesia cheap to live?
Indonesia is currently the 42ndmost affordable nation out of 138 countries, with a cost-of-living index of 37.44. This means it is slightly cheaper than countries like Argentina, Vietnam, Ecuador, Philippines, and South Africa.
Is Indonesia a good place to live?
It is a beautiful country with a lot of wonderful people (some less wonderful, like anywhere else). Living in Indonesia is pretty easy and inexpensive, if you are not too attached to some food and habits from your home country.
Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
Is Indonesia an expensive country to travel around? No. For more comfortable budget travelling it is probably best to plan about $20 a day. For luxury items prices go up very rapidly meaning they are comparatively more expensive than in western countries.
What places to avoid in Bali?
Here is how to make sure you find the perfect Bali for you and avoid all the wrong areas.
- Areas near the Airport. Anything near the airport may look great, but it’s not the real Bali.
- Money Changer in Airport.
- Money Changer is Narrow Alley.
- Tanah Lot.
- Streets at Nights.
Why is Bali so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
Can I marry Indonesian girl?
There is no restriction to marry the girl in Indonesia but you may approach the Indian embassy at Indonesia for getting married to her under the provisions of special marriage act and get married there by completing the requisite formalities as is required by Indian laws.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Indonesian people embarrass easily, and it’s considered very rude to deliberately embarrass someone. This might include raising your voice, or making accusations. Problems should be solved in private, not on the streets, and ego-based or emotional outbursts are inappropriate.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
What food is Indonesia famous for?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
What is the nickname of Indonesia?
That is why Indonesia is called as the emerald of the equator.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.