- 1 What are the two types of clothing in Indonesia?
- 2 What do kids wear in Indonesia?
- 3 Is there a dress code in Indonesia?
- 4 What do Jakarta people wear?
- 5 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 6 Can you wear shorts in Indonesia?
- 7 What are some fun facts about Indonesia?
- 8 What are the traditional foods in Indonesia?
- 9 What is the official language of Indonesia?
- 10 How can I marry an Indonesian girl?
- 11 Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
- 12 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 13 Is Bali cheaper than Jakarta?
- 14 What should I take to Indonesia?
What are the two types of clothing in Indonesia?
Indonesian traditional clothing
- Batik, kebaya and sarong:
- Batik and peci:
- The kebaya for Indonesian women:
- Gold and crowns: symbols of Indonesian cultural wealth.
- Indonesian fashion: between tradition and modernity.
What do kids wear in Indonesia?
Pants, Skirts, Blouse and JacketIn the early stage of Kid’s fashion in Indonesia people tended to produce more formal dressfor girls, but now girls wear pants, skirts, blouse and jacket most of the time, just similar with thetrend in the western countries, where children purchase mostly casual garment.
Is there a dress code in Indonesia?
Indonesians dress modestly. Although you may see men wearing shorts, outside of the big cities the norm is to wear a shirt and pants or jeans. Women will most likely wear pants, jeans or long skirts. When you visit a village, it is best to adjust to the local dress code to some extent.
What do Jakarta people wear?
Casual wear, shorts to the knee, short-sleeve shirts (singlets excepted), sandals etc are all fine during the day. For nicer restaurants, wear long pants; women, skirts or dresses. For clubs, dress to impress the door staff; those in shorts, trainers and flip flops will probably be turned away.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Can you wear shorts in Indonesia?
Indonesians dress modestly. Although you may see men wearing shorts, outside of the big cities the norm is to wear a shirt and pants or jeans. For women that implies no sleeveless tops, cleavage or shorts. Men can wear jeans and short sleeved shirts.
What are some fun facts about Indonesia?
20 Unusual, Interesting and Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia is home to over 100 endangered animals.
- Indonesia has the world’s biggest ‘young’ population.
- The world’s biggest flower lives in Indonesia.
- Home to over 700 different languages and dialects.
- Indonesia is the hottest spot on the Pacific Ring of Fire.
What are the traditional foods in Indonesia?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
What is the official language of Indonesia?
How can I marry an Indonesian girl?
Address proof and passport size photographs. Adequate documentary evidence of 30-day residence in India. A ‘no-objection’ letter – She may be required to present to the marriage officer a ‘no objection letter’ from the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate, as well as proof of termination of any previous marriage if any.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Indonesian people embarrass easily, and it’s considered very rude to deliberately embarrass someone. This might include raising your voice, or making accusations. Problems should be solved in private, not on the streets, and ego-based or emotional outbursts are inappropriate.
Is Bali cheaper than Jakarta?
In Bali, you still can find a meal under 20,000 IDR. But mostly it’s more expensive than in Jakarta. You can live the same lifestyle but it’s generally more expensive in Bali. You can maintain the same lifestyle with same price, but you need to pull out extra effort on it.
What should I take to Indonesia?
Indonesia is very laid back, so leave your vintage Valentino skirt at home. Things to pack include comfortable, loose-fitting shorts, singlet- tops, kaftans, board shorts, summer dresses, t-shirts and other items you routinely wear during summer at home.