- 1 Is Indonesia a safe place to live?
- 2 Where do most expats live in Indonesia?
- 3 Can a foreigner live in Indonesia?
- 4 How much money do you need to live in Indonesia?
- 5 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 6 How can I live permanently in Indonesia?
- 7 What is the cheapest place to live in Indonesia?
- 8 Can you move to Indonesia?
- 9 What’s the best city to live in Indonesia?
- 10 How long can a foreigner stay in Indonesia?
- 11 Can you just move to Bali?
- 12 Is Indonesia good for living?
- 13 What is the average rent in Indonesia?
- 14 What is a good salary in Jakarta?
Is Indonesia a safe place to live?
Indonesia seemingly has a reputation as being one of the more unsafe countries in Asia and often tourists and expats are cautioned against visiting. Most visitors and residents spend their time in Indonesia peacefully without any problems. It makes sense to be aware of the risks but there is no need to live in fear.
Where do most expats live in Indonesia?
Most expats find themselves living in the popular tourist hub of Bali and the sprawling metropolis of Jakarta, the country’s capital and economic, cultural and financial centre.
Can a foreigner live in Indonesia?
As of 21 July 2021, foreigners than can enter Indonesia only include those that hold Diplomatic & Office Visas, Diplomatic and Official Residence Permits, Temporary Stay Permits (ITAS) & Permanent Stay Permit (ITAP), those entering for humanitarian medical purposes approved by an official letter from authorities
How much money do you need to live in Indonesia?
The cost of living in Indonesia is quite low, so it’s possible to live comfortably on a surprisingly small amount of cash. A recent survey found that a single person can live comfortably on Rp 13,415,843 (about $900) a month. A family of four would need about Rp 29,846,962 (about $2,000) to live comfortably.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
How can I live permanently in Indonesia?
Izin Tinggal Tetap, or ITAP (Permanent residency permit): This visa is less common. You can acquire this permit only if you have been an ITAS holder for longer than five consecutive years. It allows you to live in Indonesia for up to five years and can be renewed five times, giving you 25 years of residency in all.
What is the cheapest place to live in Indonesia?
8 Most Cheapest Cost Of Living Cities In Indonesia
- Solo. Solo becomes one of the cheapest cost living cities in Indonesia.
- Purwokerto. Purwokerto is one of the districts in Banyumas regency which becomes so popular with its lower rate cost of living.
Can you move to Indonesia?
Moving to Indonesia will enable you to delve into a very rich and ancient cultural tradition. With a population of over 259 million, Indonesia is also the fourth most populous country in the world. Moving to Indonesia offers many opportunities and generally speaking it is a well-liked destination among expats.
What’s the best city to live in Indonesia?
8 Potential Cities for Foreign Investment in Indonesia
- Surabaya, East Java. Surabaya is one of the Indonesian cities with the highest property growth.
- Pekanbaru, Sumatra.
- Bandung, West Java.
- Makassar, South Sulawesi.
- Medan, North Sumatra.
- Samarinda, East Borneo (East Kalimantan)
- Semarang, Central Java.
How long can a foreigner stay in Indonesia?
For foreigners planning to stay in Indonesia for longer than 30 days, they can obtain a tourist visa prior to arrival from an Indonesian consulate abroad, which is valid for 60 days. With this 60 day tourist visa, foreigners do not have to visit an immigration office while in Indonesia.
Can you just move to Bali?
You need a Visa to visit or live in Bali, what type of visa is what needs to be planned. You will enter Bali on a Tourist Visa, which is valid for 30 days. If you want to extend to 60 days, you must purchase a Visa on Arrival (VOA) when entering the airport. Then a visit to Immigration will allow you to extend.
Is Indonesia good for living?
The people in Indonesia are some of the friendliest, most pleasant people you’ll ever encounter. Jakarta has the best Hard Rock Cafe in the world. The acceptance and respect afforded to anyone of different religion or race is something the rest of the world needs to learn from Indonesia.
What is the average rent in Indonesia?
While a three-bedroom apartment costs $700 on average though it can be as much as $2,000. Of course, just like anywhere else, it depends on the facilities and the neighborhood. Outside the big cities, you can get a one-bedroom apartment for as low as $150 a month.
What is a good salary in Jakarta?
A person working in Jakarta typically earns around 13,800,000 IDR per month. Salaries range from 3,500,000 IDR (lowest average) to 61,800,000 IDR (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.