- 1 Which city is located on the most densely populated island in Indonesia?
- 2 How big is the island of Java?
- 3 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 4 What is Java called today?
- 5 Why is Java overpopulated?
- 6 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 7 Is Java bigger than Japan?
- 8 What language is spoken in Java?
- 9 What is Java famous for?
- 10 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 11 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 12 What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
Which city is located on the most densely populated island in Indonesia?
Java is one of the world’s most densely populated areas. The island averages more than 2,600 persons per square mile (1,000 per square km) and has the majority of Indonesia’s population on only 7 percent of the total land area of the republic.
How big is the island of Java?
Indonesia is composed of some 17,500 islands, of which more than 7,000 are uninhabited. Almost three-fourths of Indonesia’s area is embraced by Sumatra, Kalimantan, and western New Guinea; Celebes, Java, and the Moluccas account for most of the country’s remaining area.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
What is Java called today?
During these colonial times, the Dutch introduced the cultivation of commercial plants in Java, such as sugarcane, rubber, coffee, tea, and quinine. In the 19th and early 20th century, Javanese coffee gained global popularity. Thus, the name “Java” today has become a synonym for coffee.
Why is Java overpopulated?
Originally Answered: Why is Java so densely populated relative to other Indonesian islands? Java volcanic soil is more fertile than the rest of the archipelego and the island has more farmland and hence can carry a larger population.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Is Java bigger than Japan?
Sumatra ( Indonesia ); area: 480,848 km2; population: 50,365,538. Honshu (Japan); area: 225,800 km2; population: 103,000,000. Java (Indonesia); area: 138,794 km2; population: 143,000,000. North Island (New Zealand); area: 111,583 km2; population: 3,450,800.
What language is spoken in Java?
Javanese language, member of the Western, or Indonesian, branch of the Austronesian (Malayo-Polynesian) language family, spoken as a native language by more than 68 million persons living primarily on the island of Java.
What is Java famous for?
Java has been famous for rice surpluses and rice exports since ancient times, and rice farming has contributed to the island’s population growth. Indonesia is the third largest producer of rice in the world and also one of the largest consumers of rice in the world.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What are three interesting facts about Indonesia?
Five Fun Facts About Indonesia
- Indonesia has a lot of people! It’s an understatement to say Indonesia has a lot of people.
- Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world.
- There are 100 active volcanoes in Indonesia.
- Indonesians love social media!
- Indonesia has over 600 ethnic groups.