- 1 How far does the US dollar go in Indonesia?
- 2 Is 100 dollars a lot in Indonesia?
- 3 How much money do you need to go to Indonesia?
- 4 Is Indonesia cheap to travel?
- 5 Is $5 a lot in Indonesia?
- 6 Can you use USD in Indonesia?
- 7 Is Indonesia safe?
- 8 What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
- 9 Is Bali cheap or expensive?
- 10 What can you buy with 1 USD in Indonesia?
- 11 How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Bali?
- 12 What can I buy with 5000 rupiah?
- 13 Is it safe to travel Jakarta now?
- 14 Is Jakarta safe for American tourists?
How far does the US dollar go in Indonesia?
1 US dollar is equals to 14,000 Rupiah which is actually 14 Rupiah. That makes Indonesian currency 14 times weaker than US dollars. This is NOT too low. To know the real low value currency, you have to check the south Asian countries, where US dollars is 70+ times higher.
Is 100 dollars a lot in Indonesia?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali. 4-8 nights’ stay in a Bali budget hotel.
How much money do you need to go to Indonesia?
Total Daily Costs If you stay somewhere with air conditioning and party often, the cost of travel in Indonesia is around $25 – $30 per day. If you go super tight on the budget, you can get by in Indonesia for even $15 per day.
Is Indonesia cheap to travel?
In general, outside of the popular tourist destinations, Indonesia is a very inexpensive country, and budget deals can be had in these places as well with a little searching.
Is $5 a lot in Indonesia?
Indonesia, S$5 = 48,400 Indonesian Rupiahs Your S$5 can get you a lot in Indonesia.
Can you use USD in Indonesia?
The US dollar is the most widely accepted foreign currency in Indonesia. Australian, British and Japanese currencies, as well as euros, are exchangeable only in the most touristed areas of Bali and Jakarta. Outside cities and tourist areas, banks may only be willing to exchange crisp, new US$100 bills.
Is Indonesia safe?
Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
Some of the best money transfer services to send money from the USA to Indonesia
- Best Exchange Rates: Wise.
- Sending Money to Family and Friends: Remitly.
- Sending Cash: WorldRemit.
- Fee Free: XE Money Transfers.
- Best Big Brand: Xoom, powered by PayPal. Wise (formerly known as TransferWise)
Is Bali cheap or expensive?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you donâ€™t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
What can you buy with 1 USD in Indonesia?
Indonesia: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- 1 load of laundry (about 3.5 kg)
- 1 creamy avocado shake.
- 2 km taxi ride.
- 4 liters (1 gal.) of drinking water.
- 1 pre-cut pineapple on touristy Seminyak beach, Bali.
- 1 hour of Internet access.
- 1 vegetarian meal in a typical warung.
- 2 liters of gasoline.
How much money do I need for 2 weeks in Bali?
So, a trip to Bali for two people costs around Rp12,910,957 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs Rp25,821,915 in Bali. If you’re traveling as a family of three or four people, the price person often goes down because kid’s tickets are cheaper and hotel rooms can be shared.
What can I buy with 5000 rupiah?
Rp 5,000. A 5,000 bill will get you a medium bottled water or a couple of traditional snacks from the market. This note will also be enough to pay the fare for most minivan buses or intercity bus routes.
Is it safe to travel Jakarta now?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. When the overall risk is in question, Jakarta can be considered not so safe city. Tourists need to exercise a high degree of caution in Jakarta, and this is all due to the high threat of terrorist attack. Your security is at danger at all times, so you need to pay special attention.
Is Jakarta safe for American tourists?
Although some foreign embassies warn against travel to Indonesia, and especially Jakarta, overall there’s little risk for travelers. For such a huge city with obvious social problems, it is surprisingly safe. Exercise more caution after dark late at night in Glodok and Kota, where there are some seedy clubs and bars.