- 1 What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
- 2 What 6 countries make up Indonesia?
- 3 How many states are there in Indonesia?
- 4 Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
- 5 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 6 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 7 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 8 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 9 Why is Indonesia’s population so high?
- 10 What is the richest city in Indonesia?
- 11 What are the 5 largest provinces of Indonesia?
- 12 Who has the most islands in the world?
- 13 What was Indonesia called before?
What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
It comprises five main islands: Sumatra, Java, Borneo (known as Kalimantan in Indonesia), Sulawesi, and New Guinea; two major island groups (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands) and sixty smaller island groups.
What 6 countries make up Indonesia?
Consisting of the territory of the former Netherlands East Indies, Indonesia’s main island groups are the Greater Sunda Islands, which include Java, Sumatra, central and S Borneo (Kalimantan), and Sulawesi; the Lesser Sunda Islands, consisting of Bali, Flores, Sumba, Lombok, and the western part of Timor; the Moluccas
How many states are there in Indonesia?
Indonesia is a presidential, constitutional republic with an elected legislature. It has 34 provinces, of which five have special status. The country’s capital, Jakarta, is the world’s second-most populous urban area.
Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
Indonesia has so many islands it has never been able to fully count or name them. A 1996 law estimated the number of islands in the world’s biggest archipelago at 17,508. But no-one really knows exactly how many islands are even in that area.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Why is Indonesia’s population so high?
The population of Indonesia has long been known to be in the 4th position of the world and the third in Asia. This population density occurs due to high birth rates and the lack of family planning programs, the number of Indonesian population ranks fourth in the world reached 238 million people.
What is the richest city in Indonesia?
Surabaya is one of the Indonesian cities with the highest property growth.
What are the 5 largest provinces of Indonesia?
Papua is the largest and easternmost province of Indonesia; the province occupies the western part of the island of New Guinea. Sumatra
- Central Kalimantan (Kalimantan Tengah) – Palangkaraya.
- South Kalimantan (Kalimantan Selatan) – Banjarmasin.
- East Kalimantan (Kalimantan Timur) – Samarinda.
Who has the most islands in the world?
Website worldatlas.com claims that out of all countries on the planet, Sweden has the most islands with 221,800, the majority of which are uninhabited.
What was Indonesia called before?
Indonesia was formerly known as the Dutch East Indies (or Netherlands East Indies).