- 1 What country has most islands?
- 2 Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
- 3 What are the main 6 islands of Indonesia?
- 4 What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
- 5 What is the top 10 smallest country in the world?
- 6 What are the 5 largest islands in the world?
- 7 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 8 Why is Indonesia’s population so high?
- 9 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 10 Which island is biggest in the world?
- 11 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 12 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 13 Can I visit Indonesia without visa?
What country has most islands?
Website worldatlas.com claims that out of all countries on the planet, Sweden has the most islands with 221,800, the majority of which are uninhabited.
Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
Indonesia has so many islands it has never been able to fully count or name them. A 1996 law estimated the number of islands in the world’s biggest archipelago at 17,508. But no-one really knows exactly how many islands are even in that area.
What are the main 6 islands of Indonesia?
6 Main Indonesian Islands To Visit On A Holiday
- Sumatra island – Large Indonesian island. The largest island in Indonesia, and sixth-largest in the world, Sumatra, was formerly known as Swarnadwīpa or the “Island of Gold”.
- Java Island.
- Borneo Island.
- Sulawesi Island.
- Gili Trawangan Island.
- Bali Island.
What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
It comprises five main islands: Sumatra, Java, Borneo (known as Kalimantan in Indonesia), Sulawesi, and New Guinea; two major island groups (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands) and sixty smaller island groups.
What is the top 10 smallest country in the world?
The world’s 10 smallest countries
- VATICAN CITY STATE.
- PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO.
- REPUBLIC OF SAN MARINO.
- PRINCIPALITY OF LIECHTENSTEIN.
- REPUBLIC OF THE MARSHALL ISLANDS.
- REPUBLIC OF NAURU.
- FEDERATION OF ST CHRISTOPHER AND NEVIS.
What are the 5 largest islands in the world?
The Largest Islands in the World
- Greenland (836,330 sq miles/2,166,086 sq km)
- New Guinea (317,150 sq miles/821,400 sq km)
- Borneo (288,869 sq miles/748,168 sq km)
- Madagascar (226,756 sq miles/587,295 sq km)
- Baffin (195,928 sq miles/507,451 sq km)
- Sumatra (171,069 sq miles/443,066 sq km)
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Why is Indonesia’s population so high?
The population of Indonesia has long been known to be in the 4th position of the world and the third in Asia. This population density occurs due to high birth rates and the lack of family planning programs, the number of Indonesian population ranks fourth in the world reached 238 million people.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
Which island is biggest in the world?
Greenland is officially the world’s largest island that is not a continent. Home to 56,000 people, Greenland has its own extensive local government, but it is also part of the Realm of Denmark.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Can I visit Indonesia without visa?
Indonesia is a visa free country so no visa required for Indian citizens travelling for less than 30 days. You just need to get a visa exemption stamp from the Immigration counter. This is available free of cost. If your travel duration is more than 30 days, you can apply for visa on arrival when you enter Indonesia.