- 1 How many provinces are there in Indonesia?
- 2 What are the 5 largest provinces of Indonesia?
- 3 What are the 7 regions of Indonesia?
- 4 What is the youngest province in Indonesia?
- 5 What are the two most popular sports in Indonesia?
- 6 Is Java a province?
- 7 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 8 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 9 Is Indonesia the same as India?
- 10 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 11 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 12 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 13 How many islands does Indonesia have?
- 14 What is the official language of Indonesia?
How many provinces are there in Indonesia?
Indonesia’s 34 provinces form the second level of administration. Each province is led by an elected governor.
What are the 5 largest provinces of Indonesia?
Papua is the largest and easternmost province of Indonesia; the province occupies the western part of the island of New Guinea. Sumatra
- Central Kalimantan (Kalimantan Tengah) – Palangkaraya.
- South Kalimantan (Kalimantan Selatan) – Banjarmasin.
- East Kalimantan (Kalimantan Timur) – Samarinda.
What are the 7 regions of Indonesia?
The Seven Geographical Regions Of Indonesia
- Western New Guinea.
- Lesser Sunda Islands.
- Maluku Islands.
- Kalimantan. The Indonesian part of Borneo is called Kalimantan.
- Java. Java, the world’s most populous island, is a part of Indonesia.
What is the youngest province in Indonesia?
North Kalimantan covers 71,827.3 square kilometres and consists of four regencies and one city. It had a population of 524,656 at the 2010 Census and 701,784 at the 2020 Census, making it the least populous province in Indonesia. Formed on 25 October 2012, it is the youngest province in Indonesia.
What are the two most popular sports in Indonesia?
Some popular sports in Indonesia are (Soccer) football, volleyball, basketball, badminton, and the native Indonesian martial art pencak silat. Badminton is arguably Indonesia’s most successful sport.
Is Java a province?
Java is divided into four administrative provinces: Banten, West Java, Central Java, and East Java, and two special regions, Jakarta and Yogyakarta.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Is Indonesia the same as India?
Both countries are neighbours, as India’s Andaman and Nicobar Islands share a maritime border with Indonesia along the Andaman Sea. The Indian-Indonesian relationship stretches back for almost two millennia. India and Indonesia are among the largest democracies in the world.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
How many islands does Indonesia have?
Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world. It consists of five major islands and about 30 smaller groups. There are total number of 17,508 islands of which about 6000 are inhabited.
What is the official language of Indonesia?