- 1 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 2 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 3 What constitutes impolite in Indonesia?
- 4 How do Indonesians show respect to others?
- 5 Can you hold hands in Indonesia?
- 6 What do you call a person from Indonesia?
- 7 Can I marry Indonesian girl?
- 8 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 9 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 10 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 11 How do Indonesian people behave?
- 12 How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
- 13 Does Indonesia like America?
- 14 What is the traditional clothing of Indonesia?
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Indonesian people embarrass easily, and it’s considered very rude to deliberately embarrass someone. This might include raising your voice, or making accusations. Problems should be solved in private, not on the streets, and ego-based or emotional outbursts are inappropriate.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What constitutes impolite in Indonesia?
Giving and receiving things: Always use your right hand when passing and receiving things. Using the left hand is considered very impolite. The left hand is not used to shake hands, touch others, point, eat, or give or receive objects. Slightly bow your head as you say thank you.
How do Indonesians show respect to others?
Indonesians never show the soles of their feet, or allow their feet to point towards another person. It is also a sign of respect when sitting to keep both your feet on the floor and adopt a straight posture. As with many Asian cultures, the left hand is considered unclean.
Can you hold hands in Indonesia?
Holding Hands In most areas of the country it is considered improper for a girl and boy to hold hands or put their arms around each other in public. It is not appropriate for an adult man to touch an adult woman beyond a handshake in a social setting, unless they are related.
What do you call a person from Indonesia?
A person from Indonesia and/or a citizen of Indonesia is called Indonesian.
Can I marry Indonesian girl?
There is no restriction to marry the girl in Indonesia but you may approach the Indian embassy at Indonesia for getting married to her under the provisions of special marriage act and get married there by completing the requisite formalities as is required by Indian laws.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house. A little food is always left over as an offering for the gods and to let your host know you had enough to eat.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
How do Indonesian people behave?
Indonesians are regarded as being very superstitious and mystical, and enjoy slapstick humor. At the same time they are considered as one of the most conservative people in Southeast Asia. Muslim and Asian values about family and social conduct are given a prominent position.
How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
- Good Morning: Selamat pagi (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat pah-gee”)
- Good Day: Selamat siang (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat see-ahng”)
- Good Afternoon: Selamat sore (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat sor-ee”)
- Good Evening: Selamat malam (sounds like: “suh-lah-mat mah-lahm”)
Does Indonesia like America?
Indonesia’s people have generally viewed the U.S. fairly positively, with 61% of Indonesians viewing the U.S. favorably in 2002, declining slightly down to 54% in 2011, increasing to 59% in 2014, and increasing further to 62% in 2015 (compared to only 26% who had an unfavorable view).
What is the traditional clothing of Indonesia?
The kebaya is the national costume of women from Indonesia, although it is more accurately endemic to the Javanese, Sundanese and Balinese peoples. It is sometimes made from sheer material such as silk, thin cotton or semi-transparent nylon or polyester, adorned with brocade or floral pattern embroidery.