- 1 What can you not bring into Indonesia?
- 2 What do you need for Indonesia?
- 3 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
- 4 What do I need to know before traveling to Indonesia?
- 5 What are the do’s and don’ts in Indonesia?
- 6 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 7 Can you wear shorts in Indonesia?
- 8 What injections do I need for Indonesia?
- 9 What should I wear in Indonesia?
- 10 How can I be polite in Indonesia?
- 11 How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
- 12 Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
- 13 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 14 What is Indonesia known for?
- 15 What to know before going to Jakarta?
What can you not bring into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What do you need for Indonesia?
A passport that will remain valid for at least six months is required to enter Indonesia. If you are staying in Indonesia for less than thirty days, you do not need a visa, just a valid passport.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun.
What do I need to know before traveling to Indonesia?
What to Know Before Visiting Indonesia
- Don’t Drink the Tap Water.
- Respect, Respect, Respect!
- Ask Permission Before Eating.
- Don’t Step on That!
- Indonesian People will be Fashionably Late.
- Money, Please.
- Get Used to Being Stared At.
- There Will be Lots and Lots of Spicy Food.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Indonesia?
You should always dress respectfully when visiting temples, mosques or royal palaces. This means covering your knees and shoulders and wearing clothes that are not too tight. Some temples will provide you with a sarong and sash to wear – do use them, as this is a sign of respect, and applies to both men and women.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Indonesian people embarrass easily, and it’s considered very rude to deliberately embarrass someone. This might include raising your voice, or making accusations. Problems should be solved in private, not on the streets, and ego-based or emotional outbursts are inappropriate.
Can you wear shorts in Indonesia?
Indonesians dress modestly. Although you may see men wearing shorts, outside of the big cities the norm is to wear a shirt and pants or jeans. For women that implies no sleeveless tops, cleavage or shorts. Men can wear jeans and short sleeved shirts.
What injections do I need for Indonesia?
Courses or boosters usually advised: Diphtheria; Hepatitis A; Tetanus. Other vaccines to consider: Rabies; Typhoid. Selectively advised vaccines – only for those individuals at highest risk: Cholera; Hepatitis B; Japanese Encephalitis.
What should I wear in Indonesia?
Most Indonesians wear ‘western’ style clothing for everyday wear. Men wear pants and shirts, sometimes with a tie. Women generally wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Indonesian clothing is light in weight because of the hot and humid climate.
How can I be polite in Indonesia?
To avoid confusion, ask a person how they want to be addressed. When addressing people for the first time, be polite, respectful, always use the formal terms, i.e. bapak for a man, ibu for a woman before their proper names. When meeting, Indonesians touch their heart in greeting, often after the handshake.
How do you greet someone in Indonesia?
Meeting and Greeting Shake hands and give a slight nod when meeting for the first time. After the first meeting, a handshake is not necessary; a slight bow or nod of the head is sufficient. Shake an Indonesian woman’s hand only if she initiates the greeting. Greet people with “Selamat” (sell-a-mat), which means peace.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali.
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag.
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest.
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps.
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day.
- 5 – Staying in Kuta.
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.
What is Indonesia known for?
Nowadays, Indonesia is famous for its diverse and multicultural islands, from deeply religious Aceh in the north; to the country’s center of government in Java; to the tropical paradise of Bali; and all the way down to the province of Papua on the border with independent Papua New Guinea.
What to know before going to Jakarta?
8 things to know before traveling to Jakarta:
- This city is massive:
- Indonesia was a Dutch colony:
- The traffic in Jakarta is really, really bad:
- Cheap petrol:
- Mall culture:
- Wealth gap:
- Modest attire:
- Jalan Jaksa is not what you think: