- 1 Where do hurricanes mostly come from?
- 2 Why is Indonesia so hot?
- 3 Which country gets hit by the most hurricanes?
- 4 Does Indonesia have typhoons?
- 5 Why do hurricanes never hit California?
- 6 What part of Florida is safest from hurricanes?
- 7 Is Singapore hotter than Indonesia?
- 8 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 9 Does Indonesia have 4 seasons?
- 10 What city has the most hurricanes?
- 11 What city has the most tornadoes?
- 12 What country gets the most tornadoes?
- 13 What is the staple food of Indonesia?
- 14 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 15 What is the coldest month in Indonesia?
Where do hurricanes mostly come from?
Hurricanes are the most violent storms on Earth. They form near the equator over warm ocean waters. Actually, the term hurricane is used only for the large storms that form over the Atlantic Ocean or eastern Pacific Ocean.
Why is Indonesia so hot?
Indra added that in October, the Earth’s northern hemisphere tilted away from the center of the solar system meaning that the Sun appeared to move directly above areas just south of the equator, bringing intense heat to Java, Bali, South Sulawesi, and more.
Which country gets hit by the most hurricanes?
The countries with the most hurricanes are, in increasing order, Cuba, Madagascar, Vietnam, Taiwan, Australia, the U.S., Mexico, Japan, the Philippines and China.
Does Indonesia have typhoons?
The climate of Indonesia is almost entirely tropical. Typhoons and large-scale storms pose little hazard to mariners in Indonesian waters; the major danger comes from swift currents in channels, such as the Lombok and Sape straits.
Why do hurricanes never hit California?
“In the eastern Pacific region, one has to go all the way down to the central Mexico coastline to find water warm enough to sustain hurricanes. “Essentially, the very cold water that upwells off the California coast and gives coastal California such a cool, benign climate also protects it from hurricanes.
What part of Florida is safest from hurricanes?
The top 10 safest cities in Florida during a hurricane, according to the insurance study, are:
- Lake City.
- Fernandina Beach.
Is Singapore hotter than Indonesia?
Jakarta is a bit warmer than Singapore. The average temperature of Jakarta is slightly higher. As an Indonesian who studied in Singapore for 3 years and worked there for 1 year, the quick answer would be: Singapore. Long answer, well, really depends on what you want to do in either country.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Does Indonesia have 4 seasons?
Being a tropical country, Indonesia does not have spring, summer, autumn, or winter, instead of just the two seasons of Rainy and Dry, both of which are relative.
What city has the most hurricanes?
10 U.S. Cities that Are Most Frequently Hit by Hurricanes (1871-2019)
- Miami, FL — 5.1 hurricanes per decade.
- Cape Canaveral, FL — 5.1 hurricanes per decade.
- Fernandina Beach, FL — 5.1 hurricanes per decade.
- Saint Augustine, FL — 4.9 hurricanes per decade.
- Palm Beach, FL — 4.9 hurricanes per decade.
What city has the most tornadoes?
Which United States city has been hit by the most tornadoes as of 2018? The answer is Oklahoma City, says Brent McRoberts of Texas A&M University. “Oklahoma City is almost in a class by itself when it comes to tornado activity,” he explains.
What country gets the most tornadoes?
The United States has the most tornadoes of any country, as well as the strongest and most violent tornadoes. A large portion of these tornadoes form in an area of the central United States popularly known as Tornado Alley. Canada experiences the second most tornadoes.
What is the staple food of Indonesia?
Rice (nasi) is central to the lives of Indonesians . It is considered as the most popular staple food for the majority of the population although in some regions, there are variations, for example, sago palm in Maluku islands and corn in Madura island and some eastern islands .
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
What is the coldest month in Indonesia?
What are the coldest months in Jakarta? The coldest months in Jakarta, Indonesia, are January and February, with an average high-temperature of 29.8°C (85.6°F).