- 1 What are the roles of music in Indonesia?
- 2 What is the most popular from a music in Indonesia?
- 3 What are the two most popular music in Indonesia?
- 4 What is the gamelan music in Indonesia?
- 5 What three major religions are practiced in Indonesia?
- 6 What can you say about music of Indonesia?
- 7 Why stepping above the gamelan instruments are considered disrespectful?
- 8 What is the most popular gamelan in Indonesia?
- 9 What are the most famous gamelan?
- 10 Is the song fast or slow in gamelan music of Indonesia?
- 11 What is wayang Klitik?
- 12 What gamelan means?
- 13 What are the two most famous gamelan of Indonesia?
- 14 What is the music culture of Indonesia?
- 15 What is the purpose of gamelan music?
What are the roles of music in Indonesia?
15 Functions Of Music In Indonesia
- Express The Emotion. This is the main functions of music.
- As Rituals. In the past and even in the present, religious ceremonies or rituals are always filled with music.
- As Business.
- Soothes the Soul.
- To Welcome Guests.
- To Improve Intelligence.
- To Accompany Dance.
What is the most popular from a music in Indonesia?
Gamelan. It is the most popular and widely spread form of music in Indonesia. The word Gamelan comes from Javanese which means mallet or hammer and is a musical form which is performed with the help of 50-80 instrument orchestra.
What are the two most popular music in Indonesia?
2: Indonesian Popular Music: Kroncong, Dangdut, and Langgam Jawa. Kroncong and dangdut are two quite different Indonesian popular music genres that emerged in the capital city, Jakarta.
What is the gamelan music in Indonesia?
Gamelan, the term for a traditional musical ensemble in Indonesia, typically refers to a percussion orchestra composed predominantly of tuned gongs of various types and metal-keyed instruments. The ensemble is conducted by a drummer, and often includes voice, bamboo flute, xylophone, and stringed instruments.
What three major religions are practiced in Indonesia?
Religion in Indonesia
- Islam (86.7%)
- Protestantism & Other Christians (7.6%)
- Catholicism (3.12%)
- Hinduism (1.74%)
- Buddhism (0.8%)
- Confucianism (0.03%)
What can you say about music of Indonesia?
The music of Indonesia demonstrates its cultural diversity, the local musical creativity, as well as subsequent foreign musical influences that shaped contemporary music scenes of Indonesia. Nearly thousands of Indonesian islands having its own cultural and artistic history and character.
Why stepping above the gamelan instruments are considered disrespectful?
The first rule is due to the spiritual identity of the instruments. By stepping over them, you are disrespecting their spiritual identity. If you do step over an instrument, you must immediately apologize to it.
What is the most popular gamelan in Indonesia?
There are three types of Sundanese gamelan, including: Gamelan salendro is usually used to accompany wayang performances, dances, and cliningan. Because it is often used in the performing arts, the salendro gamelan is also a popular gamelan among other gamelan types.
What are the most famous gamelan?
The 10 Essential Gamelan Albums
- Çudamani. The Seven-Tone Gamelan Orchestra from the Village of Pengosekan, Bali (Vital Records, 2002)
- Gamelan Orchestra of the Yogyakarta Royal Palace.
- Idjah Hadidjah.
- I Wayan Loceng, I Wayan Sarga, I Ketut Balik and I Ketut Sukayana.
- STSI Denpasar.
- STSI Ensemble.
- Various Artists.
Is the song fast or slow in gamelan music of Indonesia?
Answer: The Modern Gamelan Trend Is Towards Faster Beating As Well As Faster Tempo.
What is wayang Klitik?
Wayang klitik or Wayang karucil figures occupy a middle ground between the figures of wayang golek and wayang kulit. They are constructed similarly to wayang kulit figures, but from thin pieces of wood instead of leather, and, like wayang kulit figures, are used as shadow puppets.
What gamelan means?
Gamelan, also spelled gamelang or gamelin, the indigenous orchestra type of the islands of Java and Bali, in Indonesia, consisting largely of several varieties of gongs and various sets of tuned metal instruments that are struck with mallets. The voice is then part of the orchestral texture.
What are the two most famous gamelan of Indonesia?
The term gamelan refers in general to a variety of musical ensembles from southeast Asia. By far the most world-renowned gamelan are the musical ensembles of Bali and Java, two of the many islands of Indonesia.
What is the music culture of Indonesia?
The most popular and famous form of Indonesian music is probably gamelan, an ensemble of tuned percussion instruments that include metallophones, drums, gongs and spike fiddles along with bamboo flutes.
What is the purpose of gamelan music?
The functions of gamelan Javanese gamelan does have its religious purposes as well, as an accompaniment during religious ceremonies. It has also been used as a form of entertainment performed for the amusement of the royal family, as well as accompanying the wayang puppet shows.