- 1 What are the major bodies of water in Indonesia?
- 2 What are bodies of water used for?
- 3 What are the 5 bodies of water?
- 4 What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
- 5 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 6 What are the natural features of Indonesia?
- 7 What is Indonesia currency called?
- 8 What are the types of water bodies?
- 9 What is the most important body of water?
- 10 What is another word for body of water?
- 11 What are the 10 sources of water?
- 12 What are the 7 major bodies of water?
- 13 Is an example of water body?
What are the major bodies of water in Indonesia?
Indonesia forms a natural barrier between the Indian Ocean to the south and west, the open Pacific Ocean to the northeast, and the South China Sea to the north.
What are bodies of water used for?
It takes into account the attainable use of the water body for public water supply, the protection of fish, shellfish, and wildlife on a consumer level, as well for its recreational, agricultural, industrial and navigational purposes.
What are the 5 bodies of water?
The 5 ocean names are the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, and Arctic Ocean. Today we have Five Bodies Of Water and Our One World Ocean or Five oceans AKA Ocean 5, and two seas covering over 71 percent of the earths surface and over 97 percent of the earth’s water.
What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
The largest islands are Sumatra, Java, Kalimantan (Indonesian Borneo), Sulawesi, and the Indonesian part of New Guinea (known as Papua or Irian Jaya). Islands are mountainous with dense rain forests, and some have active volcanoes. Most of the smaller islands belong to larger groups, like the Moluccas (Spice Islands).
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
What are the natural features of Indonesia?
Top 10 Wonders of Indonesia
- Mount Bromo. Located in the Bromo-Tengger-Semeru National Park beside Mount Semeru in East Java, Mount Bromo remains one of the most active volcanoes in the world.
- Lake Toba.
- Raja Ampat.
- Kelimutu National Park.
- Green Canyon.
- Jayawijaya Mountain.
- Tanjung Puting National Park.
What is Indonesia currency called?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What are the types of water bodies?
Bodies of Water
- Rivers and Streams.
What is the most important body of water?
The South China Sea is the most important body of water for the world economy—through it passes at least one-third of global trade. It is also the most dangerous body of water in the world, the place where the militaries of the United States and China could most easily collide.
What is another word for body of water?
- body of waternoun. Synonyms: waterbody, water body.
- body of waternoun. Any significant accumulation of water, usually covering the Earth or another planet, such as a river, lake or a bay. Synonyms: water body, waterbody.
What are the 10 sources of water?
These are the different types of water sources around the globe and how they each play a role in what comes out of your home’s sink.
- Surface Water Resources.
- Groundwater Resources.
- Stormwater Resources.
- Wastewater Resources.
- Saltwater Resources.
- Ice Cap Water Resources.
What are the 7 major bodies of water?
The Seven Seas include the Arctic, North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific, South Pacific, Indian, and Southern Oceans. The exact origin of the phrase ‘Seven Seas’ is uncertain, although there are references in ancient literature that date back thousands of years.
Is an example of water body?
A body of water or waterbody (often spelled water body) is any significant accumulation of water, generally on a planet’s surface. The term most often refers to oceans, seas, and lakes, but it includes smaller pools of water such as ponds, wetlands, or more rarely, puddles.