- 1 How many counted islands are there in Indonesia?
- 2 What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
- 3 Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
- 4 Which country has most islands?
- 5 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 6 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 7 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 8 Can I visit Indonesia without visa?
- 9 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 10 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 11 What was Indonesia called before?
- 12 What country is the youngest?
- 13 What is the top 10 smallest country in the world?
- 14 Which is the smallest country in the world?
How many counted islands are there in Indonesia?
Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world. It consists of five major islands and about 30 smaller groups. There are total number of 17,508 islands of which about 6000 are inhabited.
What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
It comprises five main islands: Sumatra, Java, Borneo (known as Kalimantan in Indonesia), Sulawesi, and New Guinea; two major island groups (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands) and sixty smaller island groups.
Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
Indonesia has so many islands it has never been able to fully count or name them. A 1996 law estimated the number of islands in the world’s biggest archipelago at 17,508. But no-one really knows exactly how many islands are even in that area.
Which country has most islands?
Website worldatlas.com claims that out of all countries on the planet, Sweden has the most islands with 221,800, the majority of which are uninhabited.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Can I visit Indonesia without visa?
Indonesia is a visa free country so no visa required for Indian citizens travelling for less than 30 days. You just need to get a visa exemption stamp from the Immigration counter. This is available free of cost. If your travel duration is more than 30 days, you can apply for visa on arrival when you enter Indonesia.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What was Indonesia called before?
Indonesia was formerly known as the Dutch East Indies (or Netherlands East Indies).
What country is the youngest?
With its formal recognition as a country in 2011, South Sudan stands as the youngest country on Earth. With a population of more than 10 million people, all eyes are focused on how the country will develop.
What is the top 10 smallest country in the world?
The world’s 10 smallest countries
- VATICAN CITY STATE.
- PRINCIPALITY OF MONACO.
- REPUBLIC OF SAN MARINO.
- PRINCIPALITY OF LIECHTENSTEIN.
- REPUBLIC OF THE MARSHALL ISLANDS.
- REPUBLIC OF NAURU.
- FEDERATION OF ST CHRISTOPHER AND NEVIS.
Which is the smallest country in the world?
The smallest country in the world is Vatican City, with a landmass of just 0.49 square kilometers (0.19 square miles). Vatican City is an independent state surrounded by Rome.