- 1 What is the largest island in Indonesia?
- 2 What 3 islands make up Indonesia?
- 3 How many countries are in Indonesia?
- 4 Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
- 5 What are the 5 largest islands in Indonesia?
- 6 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 7 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 8 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 9 Which country has most islands?
- 10 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 11 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 12 Which island is biggest in the world?
- 13 What was Indonesia called before?
- 14 Why Indonesia is the best country?
What is the largest island in Indonesia?
The volcanic island of Halmahera, previously known as Jilolo, is the largest of the Maluku islands in Indonesia. It is the largest island in Indonesia outside of the country’s five major islands.
What 3 islands make up Indonesia?
It comprises five main islands: Sumatra, Java, Borneo (known as Kalimantan in Indonesia), Sulawesi, and New Guinea; two major island groups (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands) and sixty smaller island groups.
How many countries are in Indonesia?
Indonesia is a presidential, constitutional republic with an elected legislature. It has 34 provinces, of which five have special status. The country’s capital, Jakarta, is the world’s second-most populous urban area. The country shares land borders with Papua New Guinea, East Timor, and the eastern part of Malaysia.
Why does Indonesia have so many islands?
Indonesia has so many islands it has never been able to fully count or name them. A 1996 law estimated the number of islands in the world’s biggest archipelago at 17,508. But no-one really knows exactly how many islands are even in that area.
What are the 5 largest islands in Indonesia?
The largest islands are Sumatra, Java, Kalimantan (Indonesian Borneo), Sulawesi, and the Indonesian part of New Guinea (known as Papua or Irian Jaya).
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
Which country has most islands?
Website worldatlas.com claims that out of all countries on the planet, Sweden has the most islands with 221,800, the majority of which are uninhabited.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
Which island is biggest in the world?
Greenland is officially the world’s largest island that is not a continent. Home to 56,000 people, Greenland has its own extensive local government, but it is also part of the Realm of Denmark.
What was Indonesia called before?
Indonesia was formerly known as the Dutch East Indies (or Netherlands East Indies).
Why Indonesia is the best country?
1. Mesmerizing islands and beaches. That makes Indonesia is a dream destination for island hopping where you can enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of pristine beaches. This country is also a favorite place for diving as there are so many diving sites across Indonesia with astonishing underwater scenery.