- 1 Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
- 2 What can you buy with 1 USD in Indonesia?
- 3 Is USD used in Indonesia?
- 4 Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
- 5 What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
- 6 What is the strongest currency in the world?
- 7 How many dollars is a cent?
- 8 What is the weakest currency in the world?
- 9 How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
- 10 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 11 Why is Indonesian currency so high?
- 12 Is Indonesia safe?
- 13 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: 10-15 days’ worth of three square meals from a cheap Indonesian warung, eating nasi campur (mixed rice); 5-8 days’ worth eating at Westernized or mid-range restaurants. About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali.
What can you buy with 1 USD in Indonesia?
Indonesia: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- 1 load of laundry (about 3.5 kg)
- 1 creamy avocado shake.
- 2 km taxi ride.
- 4 liters (1 gal.) of drinking water.
- 1 pre-cut pineapple on touristy Seminyak beach, Bali.
- 1 hour of Internet access.
- 1 vegetarian meal in a typical warung.
- 2 liters of gasoline.
Is USD used in Indonesia?
The US dollar is the most widely accepted foreign currency in Indonesia. Australian, British and Japanese currencies, as well as euros, are exchangeable only in the most touristed areas of Bali and Jakarta. Outside cities and tourist areas, banks may only be willing to exchange crisp, new US$100 bills.
Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
Is Indonesia an expensive country to travel around? No. For more comfortable budget travelling it is probably best to plan about $20 a day. For luxury items prices go up very rapidly meaning they are comparatively more expensive than in western countries.
What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
Some of the best money transfer services to send money from the USA to Indonesia
- Best Exchange Rates: Wise.
- Sending Money to Family and Friends: Remitly.
- Sending Cash: WorldRemit.
- Fee Free: XE Money Transfers.
- Best Big Brand: Xoom, powered by PayPal. Wise (formerly known as TransferWise)
What is the strongest currency in the world?
Kuwaiti dinar Known as the strongest currency in the world, the Kuwaiti dinar or KWD was introduced in 1960 and was initially equivalent to one pound sterling.
How many dollars is a cent?
1 cents is equal to 0.01 dollar.
What is the weakest currency in the world?
1. Iranian Rial. The Iranian Rial is the least valued currency in the world. It is the lowest currency to USD.
How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
Why is Bali so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
Why is Indonesian currency so high?
Indonesia’s currency, the rupiah, is the worst-performing Asian currency so far this year partly due to investor concerns over its central bank helping to finance a larger government deficit.
Is Indonesia safe?
Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.