- 1 What are the two types of music in Indonesia?
- 2 What is the musical characteristics of Indonesia?
- 3 What can you say about the music of Indonesia?
- 4 What is the gamelan music of Indonesia?
- 5 What is the function of Indonesian music?
- 6 What is the most popular from of music in Indonesia?
- 7 What three major religions are practiced in Indonesia?
- 8 What are the most famous gamelan?
- 9 What are the two primary scales in Indonesian music?
- 10 Is the song fast or slow in gamelan music of Indonesia?
- 11 Why stepping above the gamelan instruments are considered disrespectful?
- 12 What gamelan means?
- 13 What are the two most famous gamelan of Indonesia?
- 14 What are the two types of gamelan?
- 15 Why is Indonesian gamelan played?
What are the two types of music in Indonesia?
Music of Indonesia – 6 Beautiful Forms of Traditional Music in Indonesia
- Gamelan. Source. It is the most popular and widely spread form of music in Indonesia.
- Tembang Sunda. (Source)
- Dangdut. (Source)
- Keroncong. (Source)
- Qasidah. (Source)
- Campursari. (Source)
What is the musical characteristics of Indonesia?
In the Central Java, gamelan is intricate and meticulously laid out. The central melody is played on a metallophone in the centre of the orchestra, while the front elaboration and ornamentation on the melody, and, at the back, the gongs slowly punctuate the music. There are two tuning systems.
What can you say about the music of Indonesia?
The music of Indonesia demonstrates its cultural diversity, the local musical creativity, as well as subsequent foreign musical influences that shaped contemporary music scenes of Indonesia. Nearly thousands of Indonesian islands having its own cultural and artistic history and character.
What is the gamelan music of Indonesia?
Gamelan, the term for a traditional musical ensemble in Indonesia, typically refers to a percussion orchestra composed predominantly of tuned gongs of various types and metal-keyed instruments. The most well-known gamelan ensembles are those from the islands of Java and Bali.
What is the function of Indonesian music?
The functions of gamelan Javanese gamelan does have its religious purposes as well, as an accompaniment during religious ceremonies. It has also been used as a form of entertainment performed for the amusement of the royal family, as well as accompanying the wayang puppet shows.
What is the most popular from of music in Indonesia?
The most popular and famous form of Indonesian music is gamelan, an ensemble of tuned percussion instruments that include metallophone drums, gongs and spike fiddles along with bamboo flutes. Similar ensembles are prevalent throughout Indonesia and Malaysia, but gamelan is from Java, Bali and Lombok.
What three major religions are practiced in Indonesia?
Religion in Indonesia
- Islam (86.7%)
- Protestantism & Other Christians (7.6%)
- Catholicism (3.12%)
- Hinduism (1.74%)
- Buddhism (0.8%)
- Confucianism (0.03%)
What are the most famous gamelan?
The 10 Essential Gamelan Albums
- Çudamani. The Seven-Tone Gamelan Orchestra from the Village of Pengosekan, Bali (Vital Records, 2002)
- Gamelan Orchestra of the Yogyakarta Royal Palace.
- Idjah Hadidjah.
- I Wayan Loceng, I Wayan Sarga, I Ketut Balik and I Ketut Sukayana.
- STSI Denpasar.
- STSI Ensemble.
- Various Artists.
What are the two primary scales in Indonesian music?
There are two predominant scales in traditional Indonesian music, Slendro and Pelog. Each has a unique character identified by the intervallic relationships between tones.
Is the song fast or slow in gamelan music of Indonesia?
Answer: The Modern Gamelan Trend Is Towards Faster Beating As Well As Faster Tempo.
Why stepping above the gamelan instruments are considered disrespectful?
The first rule is due to the spiritual identity of the instruments. By stepping over them, you are disrespecting their spiritual identity. If you do step over an instrument, you must immediately apologize to it.
What gamelan means?
Gamelan, also spelled gamelang or gamelin, the indigenous orchestra type of the islands of Java and Bali, in Indonesia, consisting largely of several varieties of gongs and various sets of tuned metal instruments that are struck with mallets. The voice is then part of the orchestral texture.
What are the two most famous gamelan of Indonesia?
The term gamelan refers in general to a variety of musical ensembles from southeast Asia. By far the most world-renowned gamelan are the musical ensembles of Bali and Java, two of the many islands of Indonesia.
What are the two types of gamelan?
There are two different scale systems used in Balinese gamelan: slendro and pelog.
Why is Indonesian gamelan played?
Gamelan is played to accompany religious rituals, ceremonies, dance, dance-drama, traditional theater, wayang puppets theatre, singing, concerts, festivals, exhibitions, and many more. For most Indonesians, gamelan is an integral part of Indonesian culture.