- 1 What drugs are illegal in Indonesia?
- 2 Is there death penalty in Indonesia?
- 3 Which country has death penalty for drugs?
- 4 What country has the strictest drug laws?
- 5 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 6 What drugs are banned in Bali?
- 7 Does Malaysia have death penalty?
- 8 What happens if you get caught with drugs in Singapore?
- 9 How many people are executed each year in Indonesia?
- 10 Which country is known as land of drugs?
- 11 Is there death penalty in Dubai?
- 12 What is the punishment for drug peddlers?
- 13 What countries have no drug laws?
- 14 What country has the harshest laws?
What drugs are illegal in Indonesia?
Medications in Bali and Indonesia Some Australian prescription medications (including strong painkillers such as morphine and codeine, sleeping pills and medications for ADHD) are considered illegal narcotics under Indonesian law.
Is there death penalty in Indonesia?
Indonesia has maintained the death penalty it inherited from its former colonial master, at a time when more countries have abolished the cruel form of punishment. After taking office in 2014, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo ordered the execution of convicted drug dealers, mostly foreign nationals.
Which country has death penalty for drugs?
A 2015 article by The Economist says 32 countries have the death penalty for drug smuggling, Only in six countries China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Malaysia, and Singapore are drug offenders known to be routinely executed.
What country has the strictest drug laws?
The 20 Countries with the Harshest Drug Laws in the World
- Malaysia. In Malaysia, those who sell drugs can be punished with death.
- China. In China, if you are caught with drugs, you could be forced to attend drug rehab in a facility run by the government.
- Saudi Arabia.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What drugs are banned in Bali?
SLEEPING PILLS AND OTHER MEDICATION As well as sleeping pills, Australian prescription medication including strong painkillers containing codeine and medication for ADHD are among those banned from Bali.
Does Malaysia have death penalty?
Notwithstanding the global trend towards restriction and final abolition of capital punishment, the mandatory, automatic, imposition of the death penalty for drug trafficking, murder, certain firearms offences and treason, remains the law in Malaysia.
What happens if you get caught with drugs in Singapore?
The possession, consumption, manufacturing, import, export, or trafficking of these and other controlled drugs in any amount are illegal. Persons caught with less than the Mandatory Death Penalty amounts of these controlled substances face penalties ranging from caning (up to 24 strokes) to life in prison.
How many people are executed each year in Indonesia?
Capital punishment has been a per- sistent feature of the Indonesian legal system, but over the past three decades Indonesia has averaged only two executions per year, with just seven of those put to death being narcotics prisoners.
Which country is known as land of drugs?
Which country is called the land of drugs? – Quora. Venezuela has been a path to the United States and Europe for illegal drugs originating in Colombia, through Central America, Mexico, and Caribbean countries such as Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and Puerto Rico.
Is there death penalty in Dubai?
Capital punishment is a legal penalty in the United Arab Emirates. Under Emirati law, multiple crimes carry the death penalty, and executions are carried through either a firing squad, hanging, or stoning. Overseas nationals and UAE nationals have both been executed for crimes.
What is the punishment for drug peddlers?
where the contravention involves commercial quantity, with rigorous imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than 10 years but which may extend to 20 years and shall also be liable to fine which shall not be less than ₹1 lakh but which may extend to ₹2 lakh.
What countries have no drug laws?
Uruguay. Uruguay is one of few countries that never criminalized the possession of drugs for personal use. Since 1974, the law establishes no quantity limits, leaving it to the judge’s discretion to determine whether the intent was personal use.
What country has the harshest laws?
10 Countries With The Strictest Laws In The World
- Saudi Arabia.
- Equatorial Guinea.
- North Korea. The only country today that is still purely Communist, North Korea accepts tourists from other nations other than South Korea and the United States.