- 1 What is Jakarta Indonesia known for?
- 2 Is it safe to walk around Jakarta?
- 3 What are some good things about Jakarta?
- 4 Is Jakarta a safe place to visit?
- 5 Is Jakarta dangerous?
- 6 Is Jakarta expensive?
- 7 Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 8 Is Jakarta dirty?
- 9 Is it safe to drink tap water in Jakarta?
- 10 Why is Jakarta so popular?
- 11 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 12 How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
- 13 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 14 How expensive is Indonesia?
- 15 Is Indonesia dangerous for tourists?
What is Jakarta Indonesia known for?
Jakarta is the country’s economic, cultural and political centre and the most populous city not only in Indonesia but in Southeast Asia as a whole. Although the city is known for its heavy traffic and high level of pollution it is filled with an exciting nightlife and vibrant shopping areas.
Is it safe to walk around Jakarta?
Overall it is quite safe to walk around in Jakarta at night. However you have to be aware that the safety level would be different from one location to another, or at a different time span. I would prefer to walk aroud at night in Jakarta before 10pm.
What are some good things about Jakarta?
6 Best Things to Do in Jakarta
- Enjoy the Best Bars with Beautiful Views. One of my favorite things about Jakarta is the nightlife.
- Experience the Luxury Hotels.
- Monas – The National Monument.
- Visit the Thousand Islands.
- Enjoy the nightlife.
- Go to the malls.
Is Jakarta a safe place to visit?
Although some foreign embassies warn against travel to Indonesia, and especially Jakarta, overall there’s little risk for travelers. For such a huge city with obvious social problems, it is surprisingly safe. Exercise more caution after dark late at night in Glodok and Kota, where there are some seedy clubs and bars.
Is Jakarta dangerous?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM When the overall risk is in question, Jakarta can be considered not so safe city. Tourists need to exercise a high degree of caution in Jakarta, and this is all due to the high threat of terrorist attack. Your security is at danger at all times, so you need to pay special attention.
Is Jakarta expensive?
The prices in Indonesia are generally cheaper than most cities in the US and Europe. However, Jakarta itself is not a cheap city. In fact, when you compare to other capital cities in Southeast Asia, Jakarta is probably the most expensive city (after Singapore, of course) for expats.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
Although Jakarta is mostly Muslim, female travellers are not required to use any kind of head or body covering beyond the same modesty they’d show in most major world cities. Casual wear, shorts to the knee, short-sleeve shirts (singlets excepted), sandals etc are all fine during the day.
Is Jakarta dirty?
AirVisual last year named Jakarta the most polluted city in Southeast Asia, ahead of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, and the world’s 10th most polluted capital, faring slightly better than Beijing and Kathmandu. According to AirVisual, Jakarta could soon be on par with China’s smog-choked cities, where average PM2.
Is it safe to drink tap water in Jakarta?
The tap water in Jakarta, Indonesia, is not safe to drink. But other inhabitants do drink the tap water after boiling. Tap water in Indonesia is not suitable for direct drinking, including hotels tap. You can use water for washing and showers.
Why is Jakarta so popular?
Jakarta is known to have some of the best city nightlife in Asia, and there is a great party atmosphere here. As most tourists head to other islands and cities throughout Indonesia, there are hardly any foreigners, and you will find Jakartans are very friendly and welcoming.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
For example, check out this list of things to do in Jakarta that will make your weekend extra special…
- Visit some furry pals at Ragunan Zoo.
- Take Altantis Water Adventure.
- Get that adrenaline pumping at Dunia Fantasi.
- Take insta worthy pics at Kota Tua.
- Educate yourself about Indonesia at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
How expensive is Indonesia?
A vacation to Indonesia for one week usually costs around Rp5,156,488 for one person. So, a trip to Indonesia for two people costs around Rp10,312,976 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs Rp20,625,952 in Indonesia.
Is Indonesia dangerous for tourists?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.