- 1 What is so special about Indonesia?
- 2 Is Indonesia a large country?
- 3 Why does Indonesia have a big population?
- 4 Why Indonesia is a rich country?
- 5 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 6 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 7 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 8 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 9 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 10 What is the biggest population in Indonesia?
- 11 What is the largest ethnic group in Indonesia?
- 12 Who is the poorest country in Asia?
- 13 Is Philippines richer than India?
- 14 Is Indonesia a good place to live?
What is so special about Indonesia?
Indonesia is located in what is called “the Pacific rim of fire” which is one of the most active volcanic areas in the world. The country alone has 150 volcanoes. It also boasts some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world with one of the best being seen from Mount Penanjakan overlooking the famous Mt Bromo Volcano.
Is Indonesia a large country?
Indonesia is the largest country in Southeast Asia, with a maximum dimension from east to west of about 3,200 miles (5,100 km) and an extent from north to south of 1,100 miles (1,800 km).
Why does Indonesia have a big population?
The population of Indonesia has long been known to be in the 4th position of the world and the third in Asia. This population density occurs due to high birth rates and the lack of family planning programs, the number of Indonesian population ranks fourth in the world reached 238 million people.
Why Indonesia is a rich country?
It is the region’s biggest economy and part of the G20 group of the world’s richest nations. Manufacturing is the largest single component of the country’s economy. Indonesia’s main exports include crude petroleum and natural gas as well as rubber, coffee, cocoa and palm oil.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
What is the biggest population in Indonesia?
Largest Cities in Indonesia
- Jakarta (Jakarta Province): 10.135 million.
- Surabaya (East Java): 2.843 million.
- Bandung (West Java): 2.575 million.
- Medan (North Sumatra): 2.497 million.
- Bekasi(West Java): 2.51 million.
- Semarang (Central Java): 2.067 million.
- Tangerang (Banten): 2.001 million.
- Depok (West Java): 1.869 million.
What is the largest ethnic group in Indonesia?
The Javanese constitute Indonesia’s largest ethnic group, accounting for roughly one-third of the total population. Most Javanese live in the densely settled, irrigated agricultural regions of central and eastern Java—the most populous parts of the country.
Who is the poorest country in Asia?
Poorest Asian Countries 2021
- North Korea. Based on available data, North Korea is the poorest country in Asia, with a per capita GDP of just $651.
- Nepal. Nepal is the second-poorest country in Asia.
Is Philippines richer than India?
Philippines has a GDP per capita of $8,400 as of 2017, while in India, the GDP per capita is $7,200 as of 2017.
Is Indonesia a good place to live?
It is a beautiful country with a lot of wonderful people (some less wonderful, like anywhere else). Living in Indonesia is pretty easy and inexpensive, if you are not too attached to some food and habits from your home country.