- 1 What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
- 2 How many states are there in Indonesia?
- 3 How many individual islands make up Indonesia?
- 4 Is Indonesia the fourth largest country?
- 5 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 6 Can I visit Indonesia without visa?
- 7 What is the richest city in Indonesia?
- 8 Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
- 9 What is the main religion in Indonesia?
- 10 What country has the most beautiful islands?
- 11 Why is Indonesia’s population so high?
- 12 Which country owns the most islands?
- 13 Is Indonesia cheaper than India?
- 14 Is Malaysia a poor country?
What are the 5 main islands of Indonesia?
It comprises five main islands: Sumatra, Java, Borneo (known as Kalimantan in Indonesia), Sulawesi, and New Guinea; two major island groups (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands) and sixty smaller island groups.
How many states are there in Indonesia?
Indonesia is a presidential, constitutional republic with an elected legislature. It has 34 provinces, of which five have special status. The country’s capital, Jakarta, is the world’s second-most populous urban area.
How many individual islands make up Indonesia?
Topography: Indonesia is the largest archipelagic nation in the world. It encompasses more than 17,000 islands (17,508 according to the Indonesian Hydro-Oceanographic Office). About 6,000 of these islands are named, and about 1,000 are permanently settled.
Is Indonesia the fourth largest country?
Indonesia is the world’s fourth most populous nation and third largest democracy, comprising the largest archipelago and located in a vast arc between the Indian Ocean and the China Sea, astride vital sea lanes in Southeast Asia.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Can I visit Indonesia without visa?
Indonesia is a visa free country so no visa required for Indian citizens travelling for less than 30 days. You just need to get a visa exemption stamp from the Immigration counter. This is available free of cost. If your travel duration is more than 30 days, you can apply for visa on arrival when you enter Indonesia.
What is the richest city in Indonesia?
Surabaya is one of the Indonesian cities with the highest property growth.
Is Borneo a part of Indonesia?
Covering an area of roughly 287,000 square miles, Borneo is the third-largest island in the world. It is divided into four political regions: Kalimantan belongs to Indonesia; Sabah and Sarawak are part of Malaysia; a small remaining region comprises the sultanate of Brunei.
What is the main religion in Indonesia?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
What country has the most beautiful islands?
17 Most Beautiful Islands in the World
- Maldives. Maldives.
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Bora Bora, French Polynesia.
- Palawan, Philippines. Palawan, Philippines.
- Seychelles. Seychelles.
- Santorini, Greece. Santorini, Greece.
- The Cook Islands. The Cook Islands.
- Bali, Indonesia. Bali, Indonesia.
- The Dalmatian Islands, Croatia. Zlatni Rat.
Why is Indonesia’s population so high?
The population of Indonesia has long been known to be in the 4th position of the world and the third in Asia. This population density occurs due to high birth rates and the lack of family planning programs, the number of Indonesian population ranks fourth in the world reached 238 million people.
Which country owns the most islands?
Website worldatlas.com claims that out of all countries on the planet, Sweden has the most islands with 221,800, the majority of which are uninhabited. Even the capital of Stockholm is built across a 14-island archipelago with more than 50 bridges.
Is Indonesia cheaper than India?
India is 28.2% cheaper than Indonesia.
Is Malaysia a poor country?
Malaysia is one of the most open economies in the world with a trade to GDP ratio averaging over 130% since 2010. Having revised its national poverty line in July 2020, 5.6% of Malaysian households are currently living in absolute poverty.