- 1 What should I wear in Indonesia?
- 2 Is there a dress code in Indonesia?
- 3 What clothes to wear in Bali?
- 4 What should I wear in Jakarta Indonesia?
- 5 What do girls wear in Indonesia?
- 6 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 7 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 8 How can I marry an Indonesian girl?
- 9 Is it OK to wear shorts in Indonesia?
- 10 What food is Bali famous for?
- 11 Do tsunamis happen in Bali?
- 12 What should I buy in Bali?
- 13 Is Jakarta dangerous?
- 14 Is Jakarta a rich city?
- 15 Is it safe to walk around Jakarta?
What should I wear in Indonesia?
A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun. Wearing bikinis and swimwear is fine around the pool at the resort, but not when visiting villages or shopping in town. At such times, we’d recommend you wear a kaftan or sarong at the least.
Is there a dress code in Indonesia?
Indonesians dress modestly. Although you may see men wearing shorts, outside of the big cities the norm is to wear a shirt and pants or jeans. Women will most likely wear pants, jeans or long skirts. When you visit a village, it is best to adjust to the local dress code to some extent.
What clothes to wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What should I wear in Jakarta Indonesia?
Casual wear, shorts to the knee, short-sleeve shirts (singlets excepted), sandals etc are all fine during the day. For nicer restaurants, wear long pants; women, skirts or dresses. For clubs, dress to impress the door staff; those in shorts, trainers and flip flops will probably be turned away.
What do girls wear in Indonesia?
Women generally wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Indonesian clothing is light in weight because of the hot and humid climate. Young people wear casual clothes like jeans and T-shirts.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Indonesian people embarrass easily, and it’s considered very rude to deliberately embarrass someone. This might include raising your voice, or making accusations. Problems should be solved in private, not on the streets, and ego-based or emotional outbursts are inappropriate.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
How can I marry an Indonesian girl?
Address proof and passport size photographs. Adequate documentary evidence of 30-day residence in India. A ‘no-objection’ letter – She may be required to present to the marriage officer a ‘no objection letter’ from the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate, as well as proof of termination of any previous marriage if any.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Indonesia?
Indonesians dress modestly. Although you may see men wearing shorts, outside of the big cities the norm is to wear a shirt and pants or jeans. For women that implies no sleeveless tops, cleavage or shorts. Men can wear jeans and short sleeved shirts.
What food is Bali famous for?
Local Foods You Must Try When Visiting Bali
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
Do tsunamis happen in Bali?
Thus, geologists and tsunami scientists consider Bali a high risk tsunami area, because a large tsunami within range of the island would have a severe impact on its densely populated coastlines. Bali has experienced major earthquakes and tsunamis in the past.
What should I buy in Bali?
Here is a list of the Must Things to Buy from Bali:
- Chocolates and Coffee.
Is Jakarta dangerous?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM When the overall risk is in question, Jakarta can be considered not so safe city. Tourists need to exercise a high degree of caution in Jakarta, and this is all due to the high threat of terrorist attack. Your security is at danger at all times, so you need to pay special attention.
Is Jakarta a rich city?
In Swiss private banking group Julius Bär’s Global Lifestyle Report 2021, Jakarta placed 20th in an index for the most expensive cities in the world for high net worth individuals (HNWIs) — those with investable assets of at least US$1 million.
Is it safe to walk around Jakarta?
Overall it is quite safe to walk around in Jakarta at night. However you have to be aware that the safety level would be different from one location to another, or at a different time span. I would prefer to walk aroud at night in Jakarta before 10pm.