- 1 What can you not bring to Indonesia?
- 2 What should I pack for Indonesia?
- 3 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 4 What things are illegal in Indonesia?
- 5 How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
- 6 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
- 7 How much money should I bring to Bali?
- 8 How do you dress in Bali?
- 9 How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
- 10 What medication is illegal in Bali?
- 11 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 12 What is considered rude in Indonesia?
- 13 Can I marry Indonesian girl?
- 14 Can you hold hands in Bali?
What can you not bring to Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What should I pack for Indonesia?
Packing List: Indonesia
- Comfortable shoes. You’ll see any number of landscapes in Indonesia; from jungles and rainforests to mountains and volcanoes.
- Bathing suit.
- Rolling backpack.
- Bug spray.
- Rain jacket.
- Sunscreen & aloe.
- Hat & sunglasses.
- Electronics adapter.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
What things are illegal in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun.
How much money should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
How do you dress in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
You would probably want to set aside 3-5 USD per day for these. For backpacking budget and low-cost travel in Indonesia, you can go by as low as 25 USD per day and if you splurge some for tours and luxuries, if may go up to around 35 USD a day. Therefore, the daily travel budget in Indonesia is 25-35 USD per day.
What medication is illegal in Bali?
Medications in Bali and Indonesia Some Australian prescription medications (including strong painkillers such as morphine and codeine, sleeping pills and medications for ADHD) are considered illegal narcotics under Indonesian law.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What is considered rude in Indonesia?
Indonesian people embarrass easily, and it’s considered very rude to deliberately embarrass someone. This might include raising your voice, or making accusations. Problems should be solved in private, not on the streets, and ego-based or emotional outbursts are inappropriate.
Can I marry Indonesian girl?
There is no restriction to marry the girl in Indonesia but you may approach the Indian embassy at Indonesia for getting married to her under the provisions of special marriage act and get married there by completing the requisite formalities as is required by Indian laws.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
While even holding hands is frowned upon in other towns, Balinese are used to seeing tourists hug or even kiss lightly in public. But that doesn’t mean they are comfortable being the ones doing it.