- 1 Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
- 2 Do Indonesia use dollars?
- 3 What is the main currency of Indonesia?
- 4 Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
- 5 Is $5 a lot in Indonesia?
- 6 What is the strongest currency in the world?
- 7 How many dollars is a cent?
- 8 What can you buy with 1 USD in Indonesia?
- 9 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 10 What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
- 11 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 12 Which is the national bird of Indonesia?
- 13 Why is Indonesian currency so high?
Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: 10-15 days’ worth of three square meals from a cheap Indonesian warung, eating nasi campur (mixed rice); 5-8 days’ worth eating at Westernized or mid-range restaurants. About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali.
Do Indonesia use dollars?
The US dollar is the most widely accepted foreign currency in Indonesia. Australian, British and Japanese currencies, as well as euros, are exchangeable only in the most touristed areas of Bali and Jakarta. Outside cities and tourist areas, banks may only be willing to exchange crisp, new US$100 bills.
What is the main currency of Indonesia?
The Indonesian rupiah is the currency of Indonesia, a country whose first currency dates back from the IXth century.
Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
Is Indonesia an expensive country to travel around? No. For more comfortable budget travelling it is probably best to plan about $20 a day. For luxury items prices go up very rapidly meaning they are comparatively more expensive than in western countries.
Is $5 a lot in Indonesia?
Indonesia, S$5 = 48,400 Indonesian Rupiahs Your S$5 can get you a lot in Indonesia.
What is the strongest currency in the world?
Kuwaiti dinar Known as the strongest currency in the world, the Kuwaiti dinar or KWD was introduced in 1960 and was initially equivalent to one pound sterling.
How many dollars is a cent?
1 cents is equal to 0.01 dollar.
What can you buy with 1 USD in Indonesia?
Indonesia: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- 1 load of laundry (about 3.5 kg)
- 1 creamy avocado shake.
- 2 km taxi ride.
- 4 liters (1 gal.) of drinking water.
- 1 pre-cut pineapple on touristy Seminyak beach, Bali.
- 1 hour of Internet access.
- 1 vegetarian meal in a typical warung.
- 2 liters of gasoline.
Why is Bali so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
Some of the best money transfer services to send money from the USA to Indonesia
- Best Exchange Rates: Wise.
- Sending Money to Family and Friends: Remitly.
- Sending Cash: WorldRemit.
- Fee Free: XE Money Transfers.
- Best Big Brand: Xoom, powered by PayPal. Wise (formerly known as TransferWise)
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Which is the national bird of Indonesia?
The spectacular Javan Hawk-eagle (Spizaetus bartelsi), locally known as Elang Jawa was declared Indonesia’s national bird and symbol of all the country’s rare species in 1993. The Javan Hawk-eagle is only found on the island of Java, Indonesia and is one of the world’s least know but most endangered raptors.
Why is Indonesian currency so high?
Indonesia’s currency, the rupiah, is the worst-performing Asian currency so far this year partly due to investor concerns over its central bank helping to finance a larger government deficit.