- 1 What is Jakarta best known for?
- 2 What is it like for tourists What is there to see in Jakarta?
- 3 What are some good things about Jakarta?
- 4 Is it safe to visit Jakarta?
- 5 Why is Jakarta so popular?
- 6 What Indonesia is famous for?
- 7 Are there beaches in Jakarta?
- 8 How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
- 9 Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
- 10 Is Indonesia a religious country?
- 11 Why is Jakarta sinking?
- 12 Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
- 13 Is Jakarta dangerous?
- 14 Is Jakarta expensive?
What is Jakarta best known for?
Jakarta is a city that is famous for its malls but the biggest of these is Taman Anggrek Mall in the west of the city. Locals claim that some 10,000 people visit the mall every day and you will find a vast array of shops here that are suitable for all tastes and budgets.
What is it like for tourists What is there to see in Jakarta?
Top Attractions in Jakarta
- Grand Indonesia Mall. 3,234. Shopping Malls.
- Istiqlal Mosque. 2,680. Religious Sites.
- Ancol Dreamland. 1,598. Amusement & Theme Parks • Water Parks.
- National Monument (MONAS) 4,144.
- Thousand Islands. 918.
- National Museum. 1,664.
- Museum Bank Indonesia. 1,079.
- Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park. 2,289.
What are some good things about Jakarta?
6 Best Things to Do in Jakarta
- Enjoy the Best Bars with Beautiful Views. One of my favorite things about Jakarta is the nightlife.
- Experience the Luxury Hotels.
- Monas – The National Monument.
- Visit the Thousand Islands.
- Enjoy the nightlife.
- Go to the malls.
Is it safe to visit Jakarta?
Although some foreign embassies warn against travel to Indonesia, and especially Jakarta, overall there’s little risk for travelers. For such a huge city with obvious social problems, it is surprisingly safe.
Why is Jakarta so popular?
Jakarta is known to have some of the best city nightlife in Asia, and there is a great party atmosphere here. As most tourists head to other islands and cities throughout Indonesia, there are hardly any foreigners, and you will find Jakartans are very friendly and welcoming.
What Indonesia is famous for?
Find the best places to visit with our list of the top attractions in Indonesia.
- Beaches of Bali. Beaches of Bali.
- Borobudur. Borobudur.
- Orangutans of Borneo. Orangutans of Borneo.
- Gili Islands. Gili Islands.
- Komodo National Park. Komodo National Park.
- Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud. Sacred Monkey Forest, Ubud.
- Mount Bromo.
- Tana Toraja.
Are there beaches in Jakarta?
Jakarta is surrounded by a cluster of a thousand islands, and Bidadari Island has the best beaches around Jakarta. One can get to it by simply taking a 30-minute boat ride. The cottages facing the seaside are the perfect setting for a stress-free weekend away from the bustle of life.
How can I spend my weekend in Jakarta?
For example, check out this list of things to do in Jakarta that will make your weekend extra special…
- Visit some furry pals at Ragunan Zoo.
- Take Altantis Water Adventure.
- Get that adrenaline pumping at Dunia Fantasi.
- Take insta worthy pics at Kota Tua.
- Educate yourself about Indonesia at Taman Mini Indonesia Indah.
Which is the best area to stay in Jakarta?
The best area for tourists to stay is Menteng, located in central Jakarta. Major attractions, like the National Museum, Kunstrung Art Gallery and National Monument are within walking distance of most hotels in the Menteng area and Merdeka Square is just 10 minutes north.
Is Indonesia a religious country?
In the latest population census data, 87 percent of Indonesians declared themselves to be Muslim, followed by 9.87 percent who were Christian. The Indonesian constitution guarantees religious freedom, and officially recognizes Islam, Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
Why is Jakarta sinking?
Like many coastal cities around the world, Jakarta is dealing with sea-level rise. But Indonesia’s biggest city also has a unique problem: Because of restricted water access in the city, the majority of its residents have to extract groundwater to survive. And it’s causing the city to sink.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Jakarta?
Although Jakarta is mostly Muslim, female travellers are not required to use any kind of head or body covering beyond the same modesty they’d show in most major world cities. Casual wear, shorts to the knee, short-sleeve shirts (singlets excepted), sandals etc are all fine during the day.
Is Jakarta dangerous?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM When the overall risk is in question, Jakarta can be considered not so safe city. Tourists need to exercise a high degree of caution in Jakarta, and this is all due to the high threat of terrorist attack. Your security is at danger at all times, so you need to pay special attention.
Is Jakarta expensive?
The prices in Indonesia are generally cheaper than most cities in the US and Europe. However, Jakarta itself is not a cheap city. In fact, when you compare to other capital cities in Southeast Asia, Jakarta is probably the most expensive city (after Singapore, of course) for expats.