- 1 Is Batam worth visiting?
- 2 What is special in Batam?
- 3 Is Batam Indonesia safe?
- 4 What can I buy in Batam?
- 5 Is Batam island expensive?
- 6 Which is better Batam or Bintan?
- 7 Do you need visa to go to Batam from Singapore?
- 8 How long is ferry ride from Singapore to Batam?
- 9 Can a Singaporean go to Indonesia?
- 10 Is Batam bigger than Singapore?
- 11 How do you get to Batam from Singapore?
Is Batam worth visiting?
Batam Island is the answer to many travelers and locals alike from Singapore as there are many things to do and places to visit here. Maybe it is not the best island vacation, but it is so near it is worth to come over just over the weekend, with only 45 minutes of the ferry from Singapore to Batam Center.
What is special in Batam?
Let’s explore the best things to do in Batam:
- Enjoy the water sports. Source: youtube Batam Cable Ski Park.
- Visit Maha Vihara Duta Maitreya Temple.
- Take a trip to Penyengat Island.
- Dine on seafood.
- Travel along the northern coast.
- Sunbathe on Nongsa Beach.
- Watch the sunset at Barelang Bridge.
- Have a massage.
Is Batam Indonesia safe?
Stay safe Batam is generally safe during the daytime hours, but at night if you are in the entertainment areas of Nagoya you should exercise caution.
What can I buy in Batam?
From toiletries to delicious local keropok, you can find almost everything you want and need – for a fraction of the price in Batam.
- Leather Goods.
- Keropok (Crackers)
- Kueh (Snacks)
- Cosmetic Products.
Is Batam island expensive?
The cost of staying in Batam is much lower than the average city. On average hotels are less expensive than vacation rentals. Luxury vacation rentals are more expensive in Batam due to very high property costs. The graphs below show how much cost can vary depending on the type of experience you’re looking for.
Which is better Batam or Bintan?
Both these islands are well known to be touristy and not exactly your ideal island holiday. But in a pinch and you want to choose, then Bintan Island is the better choice with nicer beaches though not exactly paradise. Batam Island though is apparently cheaper but could be overcrowded.
Do you need visa to go to Batam from Singapore?
1. Re: Visiting Batam Island from Singapore. Singapore has no visa on arrival for anyone. You are either visa requuired in advance or visa free.
How long is ferry ride from Singapore to Batam?
It is a mere 45 to 70 minutes ferry ride from Singapore to Batam and vice versa, with daily departures to Batam Centre, Sekupang, HarbourBay and NongsaPura in Pulau Batam. The regular ferry service provides foreigners and Indonesians ease of travel to and fro Batam via Singapore.
Can a Singaporean go to Indonesia?
Singaporeans travelling on their ordinary Singapore Passport can visit Indonesia for up to 30 days without a visa. If you are visiting Indonesia for business purposes, you should apply for a business visa.
Is Batam bigger than Singapore?
Singapore is approximately 719 sq km, while Indonesia is approximately 1,904,569 sq km, making Indonesia 264,718% larger than Singapore.
How do you get to Batam from Singapore?
There is no direct connection from Singapore to Batam. However, you can take the subway to Harbour Front, take the walk to Harbourfront Centre, then take the ferry to Harbour Bay.