- 1 Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
- 2 What is the main currency of Indonesia?
- 3 What can $1 buy you in Indonesia?
- 4 What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
- 5 Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
- 6 What is the strongest currency in the world?
- 7 How many dollars is a cent?
- 8 Is Indonesia cheaper than India?
- 9 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 10 What is Indonesia known for?
- 11 Which is the national bird of Indonesia?
- 12 Is Indonesia cheap to live?
- 13 How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
- 14 What can I buy with 5000 rupiah?
Is $100 a lot of money in Indonesia?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: 10-15 days’ worth of three square meals from a cheap Indonesian warung, eating nasi campur (mixed rice); 5-8 days’ worth eating at Westernized or mid-range restaurants. About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali.
What is the main currency of Indonesia?
The Indonesian rupiah is the currency of Indonesia, a country whose first currency dates back from the IXth century.
What can $1 buy you in Indonesia?
Indonesia: What a Dollar Can Buy You
- 1 load of laundry (about 3.5 kg)
- 1 creamy avocado shake.
- 2 km taxi ride.
- 4 liters (1 gal.) of drinking water.
- 1 pre-cut pineapple on touristy Seminyak beach, Bali.
- 1 hour of Internet access.
- 1 vegetarian meal in a typical warung.
- 2 liters of gasoline.
What is the best way to send money to Indonesia?
Some of the best money transfer services to send money from the USA to Indonesia
- Best Exchange Rates: Wise.
- Sending Money to Family and Friends: Remitly.
- Sending Cash: WorldRemit.
- Fee Free: XE Money Transfers.
- Best Big Brand: Xoom, powered by PayPal. Wise (formerly known as TransferWise)
Is Indonesia expensive to visit?
Is Indonesia an expensive country to travel around? No. For more comfortable budget travelling it is probably best to plan about $20 a day. For luxury items prices go up very rapidly meaning they are comparatively more expensive than in western countries.
What is the strongest currency in the world?
Kuwaiti dinar Known as the strongest currency in the world, the Kuwaiti dinar or KWD was introduced in 1960 and was initially equivalent to one pound sterling.
How many dollars is a cent?
1 cents is equal to 0.01 dollar.
Is Indonesia cheaper than India?
India is 28.2% cheaper than Indonesia.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
What is Indonesia known for?
Nowadays, Indonesia is famous for its diverse and multicultural islands, from deeply religious Aceh in the north; to the country’s center of government in Java; to the tropical paradise of Bali; and all the way down to the province of Papua on the border with independent Papua New Guinea.
Which is the national bird of Indonesia?
The spectacular Javan Hawk-eagle (Spizaetus bartelsi), locally known as Elang Jawa was declared Indonesia’s national bird and symbol of all the country’s rare species in 1993. The Javan Hawk-eagle is only found on the island of Java, Indonesia and is one of the world’s least know but most endangered raptors.
Is Indonesia cheap to live?
Indonesia is currently the 42ndmost affordable nation out of 138 countries, with a cost-of-living index of 37.44. This means it is slightly cheaper than countries like Argentina, Vietnam, Ecuador, Philippines, and South Africa.
How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
What can I buy with 5000 rupiah?
Rp 5,000. A 5,000 bill will get you a medium bottled water or a couple of traditional snacks from the market. This note will also be enough to pay the fare for most minivan buses or intercity bus routes.